Trucks, beaches, and bottles. (Future members finds)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would post some pictures of some items found by two guys I work with who will soon be joining the site. (I got them hooked) ;D

Guy #1 I took to the farm I've been searching, and he found this old Hubley truck in the back yard within minutes. I'm guessing 1940's, but not sure?
I told him that I get 1/2 of what he finds, so he gave me the tires! Just kidding. A neat find.

Guy #2 used to live in Hawaii (must be nice) and has done some MDing in the past, including underwater diving. He found this neat old bottle outside of a shipwreck about 120' down. The other items were found on the beach and at the edge of the water.
Some great looking jewelry and a neat 1944 coin too.
Can anyone identify some of his finds?

Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 469
  • MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 491
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 480
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 478
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 480
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 482
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 470
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 469
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 471
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 481
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 468
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0
Wow, I like all of them. Nice finds there. I sure would love to have that bottle. I see you found a nice German coin. Hey, it's all gooooooood!!!

ModernMiner,

Nice bottle. It probably dates from the 1830's to 1900.

From the schweppes website:

What kinds of bottles were used in the early days?
In the 1800's Schweppes used bottles with rounded ends, called 'egg sodas', with wire-bound corks that, by lying horizontal, stayed continuously damp so that the carbonation could not escape as easily. The famous egg-shaped bottle became the industry standard and patents were taken out by William Francis Hamilton in 1809 and 1814.

What's in a name?

Initially labelled J Schweppe & Co, the world famous drink would later only carry the surname of the inventor along with the product name. When the "J" was dropped from the company name, an "S" was added to Schweppes to show the company belonged to Schweppe, and also because it was easier to say!

See the attached link for a little history.

http://members.tripod.com/~MikeSheridan/schweppes1.htm

Glenn

Glenn-RI said:
ModernMiner,
Nice bottle. It probably dates from the 1830's to 1900.
From the schweppes website:
What kinds of bottles were used in the early days?
In the 1800's Schweppes used bottles with rounded ends, called 'egg sodas', with wire-bound corks that, by lying horizontal, stayed continuously damp so that the carbonation could not escape as easily. The famous egg-shaped bottle became the industry standard and patents were taken out by William Francis Hamilton in 1809 and 1814.
What's in a name?
Initially labelled J Schweppe & Co, the world famous drink would later only carry the surname of the inventor along with the product name. When the "J" was dropped from the company name, an "S" was added to Schweppes to show the company belonged to Schweppe, and also because it was easier to say!
See the attached link for a little history.
http://members.tripod.com/~MikeSheridan/schweppes1.htm
Glenn

Glenn,
Thanks for that info. I'll let my buddy know.
-MM-

The one item with the sharp pointy things on one end is known as a fork...not a common tool in Korea. Many folks in Western countries use them for eating. I believe they stab a piece of food with the fork and then put the food into their mouths. Chopsticks are the tools of choice for eating in Korea. The fork would be from a hotel catering to Westerners, no doubt. ;)

TreasureTales said:
The one item with the sharp pointy things on one end is known as a fork...not a common tool in Korea. Many folks in Western countries use them for eating. I believe they stab a piece of food with the fork and then put the food into their mouths. Chopsticks are the tools of choice for eating in Korea. The fork would be from a hotel catering to Westerners, no doubt. ;)

TT,
LMAO. ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for that info. I thought I was the only smart-ss out there. ;)
I thought it was an afro pick honestly.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back