TRUE heroes at that nuclear plant in Japan!

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those people know that life is gonna be short after they leave that plant. Those people are true heroes and I feel so sad for their families and also for the American teams that are going in to help.
I used to be in a Chemical Co. in the army and I know what those people are facing :(

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, "hero" is one overused word. Those 50 that signed on have basically committed suicide to save millions, so in this case, "hero" is spot on.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to those brave people and their families, they are all truly hero's. :icon_salut: Chug and Red

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, they were not forced to do it. The whole country is showing heroism and poise. If it was one of our big cities would it still be safe to walk the streets or leave buisiness or valuables? I think that most all here share the same sense of honor, but I feel shamed that many in our country do not.

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Sure these workers are brave....going into an unknown situation.
But..
Don't fall for the writings of journalists who are feeding the hysterical fear of a nuclear incident that has killed no one and probably never will.
In the similar hysteria over Chernobyl, the disaster that killed 65 people, the media-whipped panic stampeded up to 200,000 women into having abortions for fear of birth defects.
Once again, it seems the fear of radiation is hurting people more than the radiation itself.

The highest radiation level that had been detected in Fukushima Prefecture by the evening of March 17 was 30 microsieverts (a microsievert is one-one thousandth of a millisievert) or lower, with most measurements at around 2 to 5 microsieverts. Compare that to a CT chest scan, a single one of which will expose the recipient to approximately 6,900 microsieverts. Even if a level of 30 microsieverts were to be maintained, one would have to stand outside for 230 continuous hours to be exposed to the same amount of radiation as a CT scan.
Here is a brilliant video explanation of what really happened, that makes you astonished such an old plant could survive such an unimaginable challenge, not least the tsunami which took out its fuel tanks and soaked its electronics.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you miss the videos of the hydrogen explosions and the reports of 2 missing and 19 injured? I'm just going by what I'm "fed" but it seems like a quite dangerous assignment to me. I know my wife would want my insurance paid up to date if I were to volunteer.

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
As far as I know there has never been any official report about the risk of a "nuclear explosion". There were reports about the risk of another hydrogen explosion which is very different from a nuclear explosion. Hydrogen builds-up rising internal pressure. It's not a nuclear reaction.
I am not trying to diminish the efforts of the workers at the plant, nor the risks they face.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there isn't any chance of a nuclear explosion but another hydrogen explosion will kill you just as fast along with the exposure they are getting being so close to the rods. If they weren't doing something there would surely be a total meltdown from what I'm hearing. I'm predicting they will be Time Magazine's "Person of the Year" selection. Them or Gaddafi. :D

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
You may well be right PB.
The point I am trying to make is not to trivialise the work that is being done to contain the damage at the nuclear plants, but to highlight the lies and misinformation that masquerade as journalism in all media these days.
The devastated people of Japan must be outraged to hear that the ongoing news story from most of the world’s journalists continues to be about the condemnation of their country’s nuclear reactors. Thousands lie buried beneath mud and slush and the story is about agendas, fear mongering and selling the news.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda "bumping" this thread.
I'm reading now that, with the discovery of the radiation leak and it's strength, all 300 of these workers expect to die from what they have been exposed to. Either from the radiation poison in the near future or cancer a little further down the line.
There is no medal, no salutation, no title, no honor, no speech, nor any amount of money in existence on this planet that could satisfactorily describe, honor or reward these people for what they are doing. 'Nuf said!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions