True Underflow or what?

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was looking on the web and found a new twist to the Gold Cube ( I think). Here's the link, what's more important, what do you think of this more refined version of an old Aussie idea.

Products

I think that there is perhaps a difference between an underflow sluice, and a material classification methodology using a punchplate over the riffles.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More like an older version of the ideas in the gold cube but definitely part of the lineage of ideas. The Cube is more advanced because of both the vortex matting and crucially, the drops before each underflow. Those little waterfalls help a lot!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was looking on the web and found a new twist to the Gold Cube ( I think). Here's the link, what's more important, what do you think of this more refined version of an old Aussie idea.

Products

I think that there is perhaps a difference between an underflow sluice, and a material classification methodology using a punchplate over the riffles.

One is an over/under style (calsluice) the other is a gate trap style (grumpy prospector).

Both are just re-adapts of pre-existing designs no matter what name they choose to call them.

GG~

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
All the stuff mentioned is just variations on the original New Zealand Boil Box design. I do like the new ideas on that old technology though.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I understand ya, Astro I also have looked at many designs and resources concerning under-over flow and/or water elturation (well,sort of) ;) . These are variations to the same principles of the design by Trevor Alty (Kiwi) from New Zealand , the so called (New Zealand Boil Box). He's active on goldminers@yahoo groups. (Full Disclosure:he's the Admin of that forum group). If you registered in that site, you can read his original document about his ideas and designs also he got a Gold Cube and you can read about his experience with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread