Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m going to be making some bread as soon as what I got runs out.
My grandma made over a dozen loaves a day as a youth by hand..figure I can learn to do the same.
Was going to buy a bread making machine. Month ago, but could not bring myself to drive the hour to a large town that would have one in stock. Wish I had for now.

Got flour, salt,sugar, flour, and oil...dang it..forgot a bread pan.

I made this bread yesterday and it was fantastic. very easy to make and free of all the chemicals found in store bought bread. and under a buck a loaf.
https://sarahscucinabella.com/2015/01/22/homemade-rustic-bread-loaf-recipe/

Last edited:

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on trying to find yeast to make bread with. It's gone from the stores here. You may have to make hard tack, as they did back in the 1800's.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crowd here walks right past all that is good for survival, unless you'd include frozen pizza to that list.
we have plenty of baking supplies and fresh veggies in the store but they are dang near fighting over frozen pizza and hot pockets.
flat breads can be made without yeast and even flour.
I made a nice Indian style flat bread from lentils and rice . very affordable , easy to make and good for you too.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Got this in an e-mail this morning :)

Everyone get tested ASAP!

The US is taking COVID-19 very seriously. New testing methods are being used and you don’t have to leave your house. No hospital visit necessary. All you have to do is mail a stool sample to:

Nancy Pelosi
1236 Longworth H.O.B.
Washington, DC 20515

Direct questions to (202) 225-4965

Note: Larger samples give more accurate results.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I haven't made home made bread, in probably a decade or more.
Got a bread maker, picked up a 3 pack of yeast, got oil flour, sugar, cornmeal,
My 2 little 20 yr old birds like toast every morning & I've been freezing back
about 1/2 a loaf of the "favorite" bread, as I use it, & before it starts molding.

Good easy bread recipes may be of use for many here.
Hhhhmmm ho-cake of biscuit with peanut butter & syrup
corn meal johnny cakes on the griddle....
bring on the recipes...
(LMAO Deep)!

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holland America cruise ship with 42 sick people heading to South Florida---https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/03/24/holland-america-cruise-ship-sick-people-port-everglades/

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holland America cruise ship with 42 sick people heading to South Florida---https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/03/24/holland-america-cruise-ship-sick-people-port-everglades/
Well, my day just cain't get no better.... :dontknow:

Oh wait.... little girl Cuomo bloviating again.... :BangHead:
I'd like ya'll to note, how these "leaders" have changed
from their $3000 suits & ties, into these "official looking" work type shirts.
I want ya'll to remember back to Katrina & mike brown & company....
they were told to roll up their sleeves, for optics....
worrying about their horses or some cwap… :BangHead:

We get endless hours of words.... and no action, well, I can't say what action I'm witnessing, by them...
And, there was a pic of him at some stadium, that musta took a whole 4 seconds.
Sorry for the little rant....
Keep your eyes, and ears, open!
if you can stand it.... :BangHead:

Stay well, Stay safe! I'm wondering where some of us need to go,
to start building freaking respirators, I got nothing now but time... :BangHead:

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're saying when you been out there in it,
shopping, in public areas, if working, remove your shoes before entering your home,
take your clothes off, put them in the clothes hamper,
and take a shower!
Talk about primordial soup swamp... :BangHead:

Hey Pat, can you just imagine the increased number of motor vehicle accidents that would occur if people are standing outside their homes removing their clothing prior to entering their homes?

Next they will be saying we should take our cars to the car wash and clean them inside and out and then park no closer than 25 feet from our homes. On top of that, we will all have to drive nekid so nothing can stick to our clothing. I believe that, driving nekid, would be worse than the effects of the virus!

I, for one, am NOT interested in seeing my neighbor, or for that matter, most of the people I know, nekid!!

Take care and stay safe & well.
-DH-

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pat, can you just imagine the increased number of motor vehicle accidents that would occur if people are standing outside their homes removing their clothing prior to entering their homes?

Next they will be saying we should take our cars to the car wash and clean them inside and out and then park no closer than 25 feet from our homes. On top of that, we will all have to drive nekid so nothing can stick to our clothing. I believe that, driving nekid, would be worse than the effects of the virus!

I, for one, am NOT interested in seeing my neighbor, or for that matter, most of the people I know, nekid!!

Take care and stay safe & well.
-DH-
Bwahahahahahaha, :laughing7:
yeah, I might have missed a step, in that process description....:BangHead:

"after removing shoes & going inside"....
...see the key words there.... :tard: :laughing7:

It's like I usually hafta yell at the hubby, when he heads off to pee....

"The BACK YARD DUDE BACK YARD.... not the front"! :BangHead: :laughing7:

Heck, even the neighbors kid caught that clue, by time he was 10.... :dontknow:

He musta heard me, yelling it enough... :laughing7:

Yeah, no, thank you, some things, I just don't wanna see... :notworthy: :laughing7:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
N.Y Governor Cuomo on tv now, essential workforce to travel only. Was 75% of workforce to stay home, now 100% stay home. Essential travelers only--drug stores, grocery stores, electric ,water, phone and gas company's etc are the only people that should traveling or out.

Lucky me. 9 months ago we were "ineffective", getting our budget kicked and under scrutiny for privatization but now we are "essential". So here I am at the wastewater treatment plant. Bodily fluid central. I'm 60 and THE ADMIRAL is 65 with asthma. I can quit and lose medical benefits or stick it out and guarantee I get COVID-19 sooner rather than later.

If you are not on your own septic: PLEASE STOP FLUSHING PAPER TOWELS AND THOSE DAMMED "FLUSHABLE" WIPES THAT PLUG UP OUR PUMPS AND GRIT SCREENS!

I'd like 15 minutes with a baseball bat and the jackass who labeled those as "Flushable" on the box. Flush, yes. Form plugs and ropes that need to me manually cleared, also yes.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
since the law for water conservation and use of high-efficiency toilet
using 1.6 gallons per flush, i had to switch to single ply TP, cheaper
than changing the water pipe from street to house

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest: