Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Trump declares national emergency.
Nation is confused , or ignorant.

Even within states information lacks.

Florida is an example,
Governor obvious has not got the media to impress upon people there is a problem.
Don't believe me? Ask someone in central or Northern Florida , what's goin on?
An earlier phone conversation and online folks who moved there from here range from what the heck I'm out my job over this crap (without realizing whats going on in terms of crap spreading) and others are going about their business as usual.

The president is on mid day when folks are at work (those who are not in hot zones) so they will only hear him if their local news shows clips of...Elsewhere .

In my state we don't hear whats going on in hot zones (as they expand and have us getting involved) besides hospital and squabbling with the Federal Government.
Meanwhile we have family on the other side of the state that our local news sure as heck don't cover or mention...

I'm no prepper. In the sense of sky will fall one day.
I'm set on most things besides food after an extended period ,with a desire now for perishables. Luxury taken for granted.

L.E.O.'s in some areas are getting to the point that there are things being let go that would not have pre-virus.
I'm not blaming them. At points they are near being overwhelmed by this virus.
Let alone the other goins ons.
But consider if delayed more than usual response might be expected in such areas. Or , no response in person.
One area wants the state police to take over due to amount of sick L.E.O.'s.
Some complaints are not goin to have the priority they did before , it may be hazarded.
And prompt timing of response cannot fairly be demanded when a force is spread thin.

It's gonna be a long haul.
Be attentive and maintain situational awareness without panicking. You'll burn out stressing by being panicky.
Adapt to change and study edible things in your area ,preferably yard while slowly increasing your stock of longer term store-able food. Keep an eye on best by dates and rotate your stock. My years of spreading plantain seed are about to pay off. What was a snack and fun might be a dried winter green supplement.

Don't run out and fill a shopping cart! Buy what you have on a thought out list.
Think short and long term ,and storage. Food does you no good if spoiled or contaminated or stolen.
And be mindful , you or those with you may object to the same ol thing over and over.

Nutrition matters. Multi vitamins IF you can take them per your condition could be valuable.

My point is , now is a time to be aware of your food supply.
Despite the craziness around here,there's plenty of food in stores. Yes , it's different than it was and some things go fast. Guess what? Going in a store bothers me worse...

Will that stay that way and what could change it?
My first question is about next harvest season.
What is being planted around here soon? Who will do so and who will take care of it till harvest , and who will harvest?
Multiply the question nationally ,add distribution ect..

Stuffs strange enough now here, and we're not near any peak in virus.
Ease into the practice of being able to get by with less luxury. Worse case you do just fine instead.
Being independent is not easy.
An interdependence is better but bet your well being on any you network with. That means ,hold a couple cards close to the vest and don't advertise what you got.
Desperate people do desperate things. Steer clear. And doubly be aware in public and on your perimeter at home too.

The rest is just plain livin and carryin on...Calmly.
America is the country for me.
But some people get squirrely under stress. I don't want it to be me. Or anyone near me. But guard against the first , and watch for the second.

Short and long term planning for basics first. With a manageable budget forecast. That can mean getting weaned off all but cover-able debt , and that can take time. Have a plan anyways.
Who is really responsible for you?

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If people want, I’ll keep posting these daily updated spreadsheets...otherwise here is yesterday’s graph for the last time.

26D87745-A9BF-42B0-9FB1-31772A40D823.jpeg

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sarcasm, the only way I know to shield myself is to be my own version of a petulant little child and shoot barbs against friends to make me feel less insecure, if I was to psychoanalyze myself... I truly am sorry, but have no idea else how to hammer it into the heads of those who may still be on the fence. I'm making nothing from this but now believe the legendary silver bull run has begun and we'll see new obnoxious highs thanks to this multiTrillion inflationary "stimulus". Buy 1 or 10 ounces if 100 or 1k is too much. Silver will soar bros, there may be another margin-call downturn before liftoff but look at the fundamentals and only gold and silver will perform with stability and/or massive growth during the worst, evidently bioengineered, depression in modern history.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If any readers have no virus in their area , and a day comes when it's building instead , be calm.

Those who have seen it and are seeing it are learning about human behavior.
I'll admit , there have been a couple times it has been surreal.
I've been out twice to a grocery store in the past month(s?).
The first time it looked like a fleet of buses had arrived and deranged shoppers were told they would never be able to shop again...
Store looked looted.

I sat and looked at a container of one minute oatmeal on the last visit. I didn't need it. But if the world was going off the rails.....
I snapped out of it but later when I picked up a bag of rice (I have a stock I rotate) I debated about grabbing two bags.
After all , I may not return in a long time and rice has been scarce...And then had to snap out of that mentality , probably briefly..
See what I mean?

Meanwhile people were....Well , people when panicky.
I'm confident that for many it was a faint awakening of a long dormant survival instinct. A messed up one , but at least the beginning of one. Somehow a cartload of (interesting assortments ,some were..) groceries were the answer to other things bugging them.
But at least it was activity expressed without violence. For some ,they might have been getting there though!
One gal with a very worried look had about enough flour to frighten a baker.
Another cart had enough dried beans to reach across the state.
No , I didn't ask how they were going to store it or how long to consume it. Maybe they had unplugged chest freezers or something and a way to ward off weevils ect.
And there are reports of groceries being taken by force in parking lots. Not here yet but we have reviewed situational awareness each trip out. Just in case , and no ,not paranoia.

Be ourselves and carry on. Things changed.We adapt and are resourceful. Short and long term. That takes calm choices and decisions. In the present time too!

From some accounts and first hand observation , there are folks consuming one heck of a lot of frozen pizza. That or setting on it.
Hope they have generators for spring storms if the freezer is full ...And gas. And no generator thieves.
Mine is chained down. But I'm not depending on it covering my butt. A luxury is all.
And our/my history has not always depended on luxury.
But maybe next trip I'll look at a frozen pizza. Been a long time though , so I'll probably just look.

Stay well all.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any readers have no virus in their area , and a day comes when it's building instead , be calm.

Those who have seen it and are seeing it are learning about human behavior.
I'll admit , there have been a couple times it has been surreal.
I've been out twice to a grocery store in the past month(s?).
The first time it looked like a fleet of buses had arrived and deranged shoppers were told they would never be able to shop again...
Store looked looted.

I sat and looked at a container of one minute oatmeal on the last visit. I didn't need it. But if the world was going off the rails.....
I snapped out of it but later when I picked up a bag of rice (I have a stock I rotate) I debated about grabbing two bags.
After all , I may not return in a long time and rice has been scarce...And then had to snap out of that mentality , probably briefly..
See what I mean?

Meanwhile people were....Well , people when panicky.
I'm confident that for many it was a faint awakening of a long dormant survival instinct. A messed up one , but at least the beginning of one. Somehow a cartload of (interesting assortments ,some were..) groceries were the answer to other things bugging them.
But at least it was activity expressed without violence. For some ,they might have been getting there though!
One gal with a very worried look had about enough flour to frighten a baker.
Another cart had enough dried beans to reach across the state.
No , I didn't ask how they were going to store it or how long to consume it. Maybe they had unplugged chest freezers or something and a way to ward off weevils ect.
And there are reports of groceries being taken by force in parking lots. Not here yet but we have reviewed situational awareness each trip out. Just in case , and no ,not paranoia.

Be ourselves and carry on. Things changed.We adapt and are resourceful. Short and long term. That takes calm choices and decisions. In the present time too!

From some accounts and first hand observation , there are folks consuming one heck of a lot of frozen pizza. That or setting on it.
Hope they have generators for spring storms if the freezer is full ...And gas. And no generator thieves.
Mine is chained down. But I'm not depending on it covering my butt. A luxury is all.
And our/my history has not always depended on luxury.
But maybe next trip I'll look at a frozen pizza. Been a long time though , so I'll probably just look.

Stay well all.

You speak the truth as do others here. Here I noticed frozen pizza was one of the things that didn’t seem to be in short supply. I bought a few things to make a several home made pizzas.

I felt like I over did things at first...now after a month..I wish I had bought more of certain things.
Granted that was before the start of the big rush. What looks like excessive really isn’t after 4-8 weeks.

Not that some of it isn’t still available, but my plan was to keep my trips in public to a minimum.
I was successful at that and still have a couple months of supplies if I ration.
————
Plumbata$$, don’t beat yourself up.
I could care less about Silver. Gold is what I want to go up. I’m a millionaire if I could just get it all out of the ground!

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interested in Swedens approach...... Economy Vs Humanity.... Lets throw the population under the bus ...hey look more Krona! :laughing7: A fascinating experiment, thats for sure.

Im one week into lockdown. Every day looks like Christmas day...traffic...shops...etc. People have stopped sending crappy memes....everyone seems to be calming down....no rush on hoarding or panic buying...yet.

In my very humble opinion the Virus will only ultimately be 10% of the problem. The longer term unemployment, and financial ramifications spanning year(s) ahead will make up the other 90....

chub

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have been a "semi" prepper for about 15+ years now... I hate being out of anything as it is.

I think it all started when I went to make coffee on a morning I REALLY needed it... and wahlah there was none...

Went to store... there were out of my brand... after finding it after some effot... I bought a solid months worth... and keep it rotated just like all the other items I use on the regular.

When I need something... its because I have taken it from my backup... NOT because I am almost out.

This also applies to TP... I buy it 24 - 4 packs... RV is also stash of TP an PT.

Who wants to go around with dingle-berries in a pinch ? heh
Selling on e-Bay, yet...? :laughing7:

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New England Patriot owner Robert Kraft has 300,000 masks sent to New York City--- untitled  patriots 1.png --- untitled patriots 2.png

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, not sure if they're still available but oxygen concentrator machines that pump up to 6 liters per minute of 96% oxygen, machines used in dumb hipster oxy bars or at home for people with pulmonary issues, might be worth getting now if you have a few hundred to spare. Doubt I'll need mine personally but the parents may.

I'm taking everything seriously but as chub said, 90% of the catastrophe will be economic and despite the gargantuan inertia of the global financial house of cards delaying the immediate implosion of the system the corona pin has pricked the bubble and it's already completely screwed, y'all just haven't seen the other shoe drop yet.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m thinking I’m going to leave those to the people that truly need them.

If I need oxygen, I’m going to be checking in or checking out. Not in survival mode in my bunker.

Same goes to my parents...I would drive them wherever there is advanced care available. No horse/cow shots for them.

I live in an area with a small hospital that is notorious for not knowing their limitations. There are advanced hospitals about an hour away. People actually drive themselves to these hospitals if they are having serious problems and are physically able.

I could see having to drive several hours to get care.

Your handle is it supposed to be short for plumb bat a$$ crazy? ; )
Mine is I’m Gold Digger

Never mind...I see the dart in your avatar picture. I get it now. Sorry - no insult intended..was trying to figure that one out last night.

The Plumbata actually looks like it would be a very effective weapon if you had many men throwing them just prior to hand to hand combat. Looks like it would have the tendency of sticking someone in the lower neck area at the top of the armor.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, not sure if they're still available but oxygen concentrator machines that pump up to 6 liters per minute of 96% oxygen, machines used in dumb hipster oxy bars or at home for people with pulmonary issues, might be worth getting now if you have a few hundred to spare. Doubt I'll need mine personally but the parents may.

I'm taking everything seriously but as chub said, 90% of the catastrophe will be economic and despite the gargantuan inertia of the global financial house of cards delaying the immediate implosion of the system the corona pin has pricked the bubble and it's already completely screwed, y'all just haven't seen the other shoe drop yet.

Depending on ones source /perspective ,we're in a recession. Enough time in a recession it becomes a depression.
How long does that take, and will we enter a depression?

Comparing current time with past recessions and the great depression may not be accurate.
But the financial world and it's affect on people might be similar.

Yes the world of finance has evolved and hands on the steering wheel would not have us in a depression.
But some of the attempts to steer have included hitting the brakes at times. And not always at the right times.

Or domestic monetary system is crazy enough. Add international ones to the balance....It'll be different I expect , than in the past.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I bought most of my goodies before shelves were bare and the shockwaves hit the system so avoided my acquisitions being a burden on personnel/infrastructure. Probably too late now and indeed those in need should get what's left.

And yes the plumbata was a badazz imperial Roman short distance projectile used to soften enemy forces just prior to melee combat. They were exceptionally effective against enemy horsemen as the bouncing barbed darts stuck in the horse's rear made them dangerous and uncontrollable. I used to think my exorbitant investments in ancient classical antiquities would fund my retirement but the world has already changed and luxuries like antiquities and ancient coins won't fetch adequate prices again for years in my estimation. Bought my first plumbata shortly after watching The Gladiator around 2001. Been hoarding antiques and antiquities ever since. It's a buyers market now but I expect metals to explode so am focused there.

And relevantchair, Mark my words within a year it'll be self evident that this is the greatEST depression and geoeconomic calamity in modern history. This will make 2008 look like a cakewalk. Prepare.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the latest paranoiac act here

Scan.jpg

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I bought most of my goodies before shelves were bare and the shockwaves hit the system so avoided my acquisitions being a burden on personnel/infrastructure. Probably too late now and indeed those in need should get what's left.

And yes the plumbata was a badazz imperial Roman short distance projectile used to soften enemy forces just prior to melee combat. They were exceptionally effective against enemy horsemen as the bouncing barbed darts stuck in the horse's rear made them dangerous and uncontrollable. I used to think my exorbitant investments in ancient classical antiquities would fund my retirement but the world has already changed and luxuries like antiquities and ancient coins won't fetch adequate prices again for years in my estimation. Bought my first plumbata shortly after watching The Gladiator around 2001. Been hoarding antiques and antiquities ever since. It's a buyers market now but I expect metals to explode so am focused there.

And relevantchair, Mark my words within a year it'll be self evident that this is the greatEST depression and geoeconomic calamity in modern history. This will make 2008 look like a cakewalk. Prepare.

Well , in the eighties I decided basic tools and ability to fish ,hunt, and grow feeble veggies was the partial answer to sustaining during hard times.
Of course I was broke as could be too.

Depression era folks had an influence on future generations at times.
Some did on me....
When it's time to tighten the belt again and not waste. I'm there.
Outside of wondering about currency strength gong forward , having a passel of dogs to feed is about my only concern unaddressed long term.
Did it with hogs though before in the eighties. Like kids , you feed them somehow...

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, oletimers who survived the depression were a huge influence here also. Heck some plants I grow now originally came from seeds they gifted me years ago. Basic skills and an embracement of frugality will benefit all now. Prepare.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, oletimers who survived the depression were a huge influence here also. Heck some plants I grow now originally came from seeds they gifted me years ago. Basic skills and an embracement of frugality will benefit all now. Prepare.

Heirloom stock...Nice!
Having been bumped around I've lost those gifted plants of the past except some mean roses.
Used to be a custom. More so with flowers , but other things too.
A nephew is trying to propagate Dads rhubarb miles away before his estate gets settled.
I'm looking to take cuttings off a couple blueberry plants I lost track of where up North he acquired them long ago , and a crabapple in his yard..
Maybe nab some of his grapevine too.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the latest paranoiac act here

Maybe paranoia, maybe prudent. Regardless, the economic devastation that's already incoming as a result of measures already taken will impact everyone, but how severely it hurts you is still within your control. Obviously more bad news will come and things will get way worse so...

I wish everyone I know listened and sold out back in February, combined the people I warned have already lost millions and the DOW is still around 20k. It'll probably drop to 10k or even 5k over the next few years. Sucks for everyone with 401Ks or overexposed retirement accounts LOL.

When do I get to stop feeling sorry about all the lazy grasshoppers and instead get to point and laugh at their manifest ignorance and incompetence? August is my prediction. Prepare.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe paranoia, maybe prudent. Regardless, the economic devastation that's already incoming as a result of measures already taken will impact everyone, but how severely it hurts you is still within your control. Obviously more bad news will come and things will get way worse so...

I wish everyone I know listened and sold out back in February, combined the people I warned have already lost millions and the DOW is still around 20k. It'll probably drop to 10k or even 5k over the next few years. Sucks for everyone with 401Ks or overexposed retirement accounts LOL.

When do I get to stop feeling sorry about all the lazy grasshoppers and instead get to point and laugh at their manifest ignorance and incompetence? August is my prediction. Prepare.

What Bothers Me is The Freedoms Being Lost With this Pandemic, Many will Probably Never be Returned to us.
Sadly America Will Change and Future Generations Will Never Experience the America We Have :(

Honestly I'm not sure all this Paranoia is Worth it :(

You Think there will Ever Be a Carefree New Years Celebration ,
Wedding Reception, Concert, Or Kids Birthday Party again ?

I Kind of Doubt it

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question 1) how far do you think we are we into this - If 0% was Jan 1st and 100% is life returning to normal (similar to Jan 1st)

chub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread