hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Things like this make me wonder. CNN anchor (not named) asked Scientist Bill Nye " Is the approaching asteroid a result of Global Warming?" I don't watch CNN and maybe that's good.
There is a rule among lawyers to never ask a question you don't know the answer to. News people should adopt the rule.
Anchors used to be journalists and reporters. Now they are bad actors that can't find an acting job.
Our choices for news seem limited to the networks, cable news, talk radio, and home made Blogs. Maybe I could start a Blog. I will just gather my news from existing sources and regurgitate it with my own political bent.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how it seems most news is filtered by the king. Most of the uninformed bought up all the preparation H when they heard asteroids were bad news:laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things like this make me wonder. CNN anchor (not named) asked Scientist Bill Nye " Is the approaching asteroid a result of Global Warming?" I don't watch CNN and maybe that's good.
There is a rule among lawyers to never ask a question you don't know the answer to. News people should adopt the rule.
Anchors used to be journalists and reporters. Now they are bad actors that can't find an acting job.
Our choices for news seem limited to the networks, cable news, talk radio, and home made Blogs. Maybe I could start a Blog. I will just gather my news from existing sources and regurgitate it with my own political bent.

not so out of the question to ask, Just to find out the answer they give.

Which is what I'm more curious of.

If the answer was yes , Then I'd be worried Bill Nye has been brain washed.

and I'm sure the anchor did know the answer to such a stupid question.
I'd figure he was being sarcastic, as a way to put down the doomsdayers.

Last edited:

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To answer your question, No! I quit years ago when you could no longer read a newspaper without finding many spelling, tense and other errors. I hate the "ly" words in news. News is supposed to be about Who, What, When, Where and such. The "ly" words, such as "Clearly", Likely", "Forcefully" etc. show a bias on the part of the newscaster. The NEWS should allow us to make up our mind as to what it means. Now people want to be spoon fed so they don't have to think.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look at all the examples on this chat board of blatant fabricated "news". It's one thing to be biased like fox or msnbc, its a completely different to completely fabricate / lie about something. Problem with the Internet that anyone with a computer can start putting out "news" with absolutely no oversight. And the more extreme the views the more likely they are to get some attention/readers.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To answer your question, No! I quit years ago when you could no longer read a newspaper without finding many spelling, tense and other errors. I hate the "ly" words in news. News is supposed to be about Who, What, When, Where and such. The "ly" words, such as "Clearly", Likely", "Forcefully" etc. show a bias on the part of the newscaster. The NEWS should allow us to make up our mind as to what it means. Now people want to be spoon fed so they don't have to think.

I don't know what the paper is, I noticed it a few times at the check out counter
at the local grocery store.

all the headlines started, Scumbag caught ...........,
Weirdo arrested ..........., hoodlums ............

all I could think of was I thought people were supposed to be innocent until proven guilty ?
and a news paper of any type calling names is ridiculous.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
all I could think of was I thought people were supposed to be innocent until proven guilty ?

Not any more,the 4th amend. has been gone since the NDAA bill passed.You are guilty until proven innocent now a days.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know what the paper is, I noticed it a few times at the check out counter
at the local grocery store.

all the headlines started, Scumbag caught ...........,
Weirdo arrested ..........., hoodlums ............

I see plenty of "news stories" posted on this board with plenty of less than flattering names for our president - so I guess I'm not surprised at anything anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread