truth on training dogs to find paper money ?

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet
I really have never heard of such a thing, but I had to laugh because I keep telling my wife.............."I don't CARE if they hunt MONEY, I don't want no more dadburned DOGS!"

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
I was hunting at the Old Town Plaza and one guy who came up to me to chat swore his little dog would find paper money for him. Also, the police have told me that drug dealers and users will always have money that has traces of drugs on it and their dogs will know these bills when they sniff them. I guess our money really stinks to dogs.

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Funny, I had thought of that too.
It would work the same way they train a dog to detect bodies, or marijuana, or whatever . . .
You take a favorite toy for the dog, such as a small towel that you use as a tug-o-war.
You play with the dog a lot with the towel. Then you start including some paper money
tied up with the towel. Then you start hiding the towel with the paper money inside it,
and you start training the dog to find the towel when it is hidden.
Every time the dog finds the towel, you play a good, rewarding game of tug-o-war
with him (or her). Now the dog has to find the smell of the money to play the game,
and you are well on your way.
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
scrounger d detector collector
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i would guess this is very obscure field. maybe im being silly thinking someone would anser this. in the past whenever i wanted to know anything about treasure hunting i would post here at t net and someone would be kind enuf to answer. i think i finally got a stumper here. u learn from them thats doing. i would guess no one is doing this. it must not work,or people would be doing it. t netters have been so kind and helpful in the past. i accidetly asked someone where he found some nice coins. and i was floored when the person actually pmed me back with directions to the place and wish me luck. whoa. so mr dog money hunter.if u exist please answer and tell us how.im more prone to believe someone doing than a book which may have been written more for money than to help people do it. i sure would like to try this.IF THERES PROOF IT REALLY WORKS

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
The technique I describe above would work - it just requires discipline and training on the dog owner's part.
You would also have to train the dog not to jump on people just because he has paper money in his wallet.

:icon_pirat:

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sundancer said:
An Indian with the name 'Two Dogs' must have heard a lot of jokes growing up.. sheesh.. Is this guy for real?

Mike

That's an oooold joke. But still funny. First thing I thought of too...... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread