Try looking for FOLDING money...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of my favorite spots to look has little to do with detecting. If you live in snow country, try looking around the edges of the large parking lots at large malls. When it's below zero, and the wind is howling, chasing down money that you drop can be a death sentence! You can not tell if it got caught 1 car away, 10 cars away, or if it got all the way to the ditch. You will know where to look when you find the areas with lots of paper trash. During the winter, snow covers the money till spring. Happy hunting! TTC

Henry2

May 27, 2011
Always check along fences also, I found a few dollars sticking to chain linked fences over the years :thumbsup:

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
Don't forget the jewelry from the snow piles.

I found a 2 ct sparkler CZ, dang it, in a parking lot this year.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I did a lot of walking in my young adult years( warmer climits, above freezing most of year). I was always looking at the ground about ten twelve feet ahead of me. I found ones,and fives at bus stops and a couple of wads of twenties( rarely) along with a single hundred dollar bill once. In about two decades, added up close to a grand. I have the earge to get back out on foot again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread