gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your original coil isn't cracked or damaged it will work just fine. Many prefer the newer "pro" coil that comes on the Safari, but the original Quattro has chalked many great finds. I put a Sunray 8' coil on my Safari and it is better in trashy areas like parks. I found the learning curve very steep, so you will probably need a lot of practice. One thing that has helped me a lot was to turn down the sensitivity to reduce all the chirping and noise they have in trashy areas. Still hits plenty deep enough.

OP
OP
R

razerback408

Dec 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks i was thinking 5.5x9.5 nel coil for the parks with trash and just go with the stock coil till get some time in hope to have it monday

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
​razer … I hope you enjoy that Quattro .. It was almost mine you know but i forgot about the bid….Minelabs are nice detectors you will love it …You know every one talks bad about the Quattro but it seems like the one's that have them never sell them….. You never see them up for sale so the Quattro owners must like them………. I used one before a very easy detector to use.. not hard to learn.. As you know i also found a Quattro and mine should get to me a few days after you get yours…………...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread