Trying out new at pro for the first time and first coin dug for 2017 is silver!

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are still frozen in for the most part up north. But I have been dying to try out and learn my new at pro that I got a month ago so found a south facing slope without much frozen ground next to a ball field. Within five minutes I had a perfect dime hit at six inches. Since I am new with this detector I checked it with my gold bug which I know well and continued to use both detectors on each target afterwords just to keep learning. Anyways I got the plug opened up and out pops a 1900 Barber My oldest dime to date. This was a spot that I have not researched at all so I was really surprised to say the least. needless to say my half hour hunt turned into three hours. Final tally the barber a 1944 wheat, round ball, and some modern coins. This is a spot I can not wait to get back to when the ground thaws out more ( did have a bunch of coin hits that I could not dig due to frozen ground).
IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0030.JPG

Upvote 16

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold Panner, Congrat's to you on the new AT PRO. You are off to a great start already. Well done on the silver. May this be the first of many great finds found with the PRO.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that's one way to break in a machine!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds GP! Anytime you find anything with your new machine, first time out is Awesome!
Congrats and remember those frozen targets.... they are waiting for you! :occasion14:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet way to break in a new machine - congrats! :icon_thumright:

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I'd take that piece of junk back. I mean if you can't find a bottle cap or a ring pull, what good is it? Hahahaha

Congrats on your first hunt with the AT Pro, I wish my first hunt was like that!

I can see you out there now with a blow torch trying to melt the snow where you think there's a good find. :laughing7:

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it an addiction when you start searching frozen ground and mentally mark good deep hits for later?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it an addiction when you start searching frozen ground and mentally mark good deep hits for later?

Total addiction bud! Like me, you are HOOKED! No clinic can cure us.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver find, congratulations! :occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Repeat after me..."God grant me the serenity..." lol yes you are hooked and like Stretch sez...there is no cure...just more digging! Feed that beast! Great find, great coin...Ddf

Doc Arey

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2011
Occupied Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 WHITE MXT & NEW VX3 a At Pro and a few others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Virginia and the weather been Great! This is not always the case and we will have some frozen ground this week as it gonna be cold. Hate frozen ground and I know you do too. You have a great machine there Keep Swinging! Happy Hunting:occasion14:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver for your effort.
Keep em coming