Trying to decide between the T2 and F70.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Hey Badger,
Ever talk to Tim at Treasures Down Under in Cassopolis?
Even though I've known him for many years, like when we both had hair, and he lived in Northern Michigan, he has always been real good about giving the straight scoop on the strengths and weaknesses of detectors I've asked about.

Good Luck,
Mark

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
you know my opinion but I'm a little biast, but have never tryed the f-70, i guess my thought on it would be if you favor a concentric or the awesome DD, seems the f-70 users seem to like the DD coil from the f-75 a bit more than the stock coil, some have said the f-70 feels more solid and even lighter than the f-75,t-2.
one thing i never understood is how the f-75,t-2 coils pinpoint in the center when typically other DD's PP of the edge

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Hey Thompy,
My Minelab DD coils pinpoint in the center.
This is the first machine I've had will DD coils. Didn't know any of them pinpointed on the edge. I do the wiggle to pinpoint sometimes.
Is that what you are talkin about?

good luck,
mark

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
that could be, i did it off the end of the xt-50 and 70, just as i did on the bigfoot for my whites, never tryed the center on the xterras with the dd, but didnt like the PP on them with the concentric coils

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Whichever the Kitchen Funding Committee would approve.
Better get one soon Badger, by next month, the thread will be F2 vs. BH 505, which one?
Money's getting tighter!

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Lowbatts said:
Whichever the Kitchen Funding Committee would approve.
Better get one soon Badger, by next month, the thread will be F2 vs. BH 505, which one?
Money's getting tighter!

I hear ya!

Up here in Michigan if they find out you have a job they suspect you're a terrorist.

MB

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Thompy said:
you know my opinion but I'm a little biast, but have never tryed the f-70, i guess my thought on it would be if you favor a concentric or the awesome DD, seems the f-70 users seem to like the DD coil from the f-75 a bit more than the stock coil, some have said the f-70 feels more solid and even lighter than the f-75,t-2.
one thing i never understood is how the f-75,t-2 coils pinpoint in the center when typically other DD's PP of the edge

I'm leaning your way, Thompy.

Brand new T2's are down to $675 now and that's only $25 over the F70. The T2 has that much coveted 11" coil and more features so that makes it pretty easy to decide.

Right now with everybody buying the F70 it's hot and the price will hold high. By fall it will fall I think.

We should be seeing some very new "hot" models out of the competition camps very soon. From what I'm hearing Fisher is probably killing Minelab, Whites, and Garrett. At least they're really feeling the pinch.

MB

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
mpostma said:
Hey Badger,
Ever talk to Tim at Treasures Down Under in Cassopolis?
Even though I've known him for many years, like when we both had hair, and he lived in Northern Michigan, he has always been real good about giving the straight scoop on the strengths and weaknesses of detectors I've asked about.

Good Luck,
Mark

Thanks for the tip.
MB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread