pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Comments on the 5.75 concentric vs the 5.75 Wide scan?

The concentric is a little deeper and discs out small iron better than the Widescan.

Both are easy to use but I prefer the concentric on any/all of my Tesoros. I have both coils in the 4 pin (HOT models) and only the concentric in the 5 pin.
Two advantages to the Widescan are that I find it a little less affected by hot rocks and soil changes, requiring less frequent GB adjustment, and that it seems to cover a slightly greater area per sweep. They're both small coils, so both need careful overlap if you don't want to miss stuff, but you can be a little sloppier with the Widescan.

If your soil isn't highly mineralized and you aren't nugget hunting, just get the concentric. The small iron discrimination is much better with it.

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I realize this is an older thread , but I have a question about Vaquero coils ........... I have the 8 x 11 , so I understand the bottle cap addiction..... No one mentioned the other coils and bottle cap discrimination ,,, and the other coils discriminating flat iron pieces ... pieces of small flat iron also give me a fit , along with caps........... which of the two concentric coils do the best on caps and small flat iron ????? Thanks .......... Alright , let me rephrase this question ,,,, I run super tuned always, with lots of discrimination , up around the TAB mark ........... I get fooled on pieces of small flat iron and bottle caps ............. If I run the 9 x 8 coil at the same settings , am I gonna see better discrimination on small flat iron and bottle caps ???? I have yet to dig a square nail , so they are not a problem .....

Last edited:

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Soooooooooooooooooooo, how much are we gonna bid on that Tejon , 2 sets of headphones and 4 coils plus carrying bag !!!! ebay

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooooooooooooooooooo, how much are we gonna bid on that Tejon , 2 sets of headphones and 4 coils plus carrying bag !!!! ebay

We'll find out, I'm high bidder.. it's certainly going higher than that

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yea Walnut.... that is a bunch of stuff he is selling .....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread