Trying to detect at a ski resort - Oh my heck, the trash!!!

BuckRogers2000

Aug 24, 2016
Logan, Utah
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's conductive trash, you could try to cherry-pick the dime/quarter signals but if you do then you will miss any gold rings.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you work there then take lots of time on your free time to remove the trash. And definitely check under those lifts lines.....

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you detect the parking lots too. Usually do well in any parking lot that isn't paved. Most likely they don't have a sliding hill there (sleds and toboggans) but if they do, that will be a killer spot!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd focus on the bottom of the hill first. Where most people might pull their gloves off.

OP
OP
B

BuckRogers2000

Aug 24, 2016
Logan, Utah
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you detect the parking lots too. Usually do well in any parking lot that isn't paved. Most likely they don't have a sliding hill there (sleds and toboggans) but if they do, that will be a killer spot!

They used to have a tubing hill. Great idea, thanks!!!

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
?..Man, is it trashy here!...Any hints for a newbie like me?

Keep at it. Eventually you'll have cleaned out all the newer trash, and gotten down to the old beer cans.
I pulled these from a foot of pine needles at an old ski spot near me. I have found a few coins around, but not where the lodge is, where I thought I'd have some luck. Used to be a towline near the lodge, but it's badly overgrown with brush. I'll go back and keep trying. ^_^

image.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions