OP
OP
lokkenpa

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Thanks! Now the next stupid question. What exactly is a NIFC coin? I know about the S mint being proofs and all. But where can I find a good listing for all the denominations or is google the way to go?

Thanks!
HH

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Not intended for Circulation means jsut that. the coin was minted for sets and collectors, but not for the general public. S o it was not shipped to banks en masse.

In the Kennedy half series, the 1987 halves were the first ones not intended for circulation. NOte on any source you are looking at that there are a lot fewer of that year than other years. Then, starting in 2002, they went again to NIFC. So anything you get from 2002 forward is a NIFC half. And if you get one of the 1987 ones? That's a kepper!

And some books say that the 2001P was also NIFC, but that is an error. It is minted in huge numbers. NOt as many as the 2001D, but not a NIFC coin.

Hope that helps. :-)

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
It seems that this, and other similar questions, get asked by new CRHers about every other week. Not that there is anything wrong with new CRHers wanting to know information, but is there a thread on here than answers many common questions and explains many common terms?

So many CRHers on here have much accumulated info, there should be some thread that explains all this basic stuff you would think.

Just wondering?

I am waiting for the weekly question by a newer CRHer that asks, "does Brinks cull silver from their halves?" LOL!

Jim

OP
OP
lokkenpa

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
I have gone through the guide at the top of the post many times trying to answer these questions prior to asking. I even hit google but sometimes that gives too much information and confuses me.

So thanks for all the help!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread