Trying to find some lost money

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
:dontknow: I have to take your word on that, As I have no experience with either.

as for the other part of your post please don't go there.

TNet members are of outstanding character
and are to be considered beyond reproach

Good catch, after the fact, lol Frank... STILL LIFE-0003 wolf.jpg

ranger11

Mar 3, 2013
Fresno,Ca.
Detector(s) used
Gold Mountain, White, Bounty Hunter,(Prospector) and others,including the first one from Radio Shack around 1958
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me the best way, would be to ask someone to dowse the area for you.

songdog

May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would dowse for it.
Take two flags, of the type that is used for locating utilities, and remove the flags. Turn a 90 degree bend on each wire, about five inches from each end.
Note: you can use coat hangers, or any wire as far as that goes, but the locate flag wires work best for me.
After bending each wire, take one in each hand, and hold hands shoulder width apart. Hold the wires somewhat loosely, not too tight!
Start walking a grid of your area and watch the wires.
The wires will react to ANY CHANGE OF MAGNETIC FIELD WITHIN THE EARTH! Be it an electric, phone, water, gas, line etc., or even empty conduits, culverts, septic tanks, cisterns, etc.
This isn't magic or witchcraft. It is simple science.
When you walk over any change within the ground the wires will SWING either inward or outward. It does NOT matter which direction as each person can be different in their makeup and as to how the wires react.
For me the wires will turn and swing inward.
The wires will swing IN when passing over an object and then start swinging back out as you go away from the object.
Watch where the strongest point of crossing is and mark the spot. Cross the spot in several directions to "pinpoint" the object.
Then start digging!
Now keep in mind that this could be ANYTHING, but it sounds like you have the area narrowed down pretty well.
Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Good luck!

lucky larry

Apr 16, 2013
I've seen people dowse but always wondered about the science behind it. Is there any published research to support the method? Just asking...

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a probe and a shovel and get busy...any place where the roots have not been cut you can ignore....should be an easy task to locate a recently dug hole in a 15x15 area..just my thoughts

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The probe is a good idea, dug dirt is usually loose after being put back in the hole. It most likely is close to a trail. I read a good post by another member last week that basically said stop, and relax, and study the area. Look for a hump or depression on the ground. If it covered with leaves, look for the leaves that arent so compacted. The dog is a great idea, my dogs get me into all kinds of things. I dont like to search in direct sunlight, early am or late evening. I would also set up a tripod, and camera, and take pictures. A camera will see 600 times more than your eyes. I take hundreds of pictures on my hunts. You will be amazed at how much you miss. Mangnetromity will help you find it, but its pricey. I know I just spelled that wrong. You also just gave the location away with your google earth photo, you most likey have several folks looking for it now.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take pictures of the area and get him to circle the place.... I'd bet that the place you think you are isn't the place he has in his mind.... ;>)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread