Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Upvote 0

GTK96

Jul 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would look at chert maps off of google of where you'll specifically be going, but I think there's alot of material all over the place down there...who knows, maybe one of these guys can help
Good luck

lightman

May 23, 2010
england, ar
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're going to be too far from me, for me to help you very much. I sent a fellow on here a box of flint, but I think he is involved in a move, and I do not know if he has tried it or not. If you want to, contact Bsit1361 and see if he thinks it will work. He may see this and chime in. I would be willing to send you a box if the stuff is any good. Lightman

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North West Tn ? Jon almost any small wash up in the mtns will have flint spalls. You will find it shattered in the larger creeks coming off the mtns with the round river cobble. I find it more in the smaller washes here that do not roar all the time. Traditional Bow is pretty cool. Great skill in instinct shooting. Let me know if I can help you anymore.May I ask what city or county?

OP
OP
J

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Been there. Flintknappers can be as funny as deer hunters when it comes to identifying their favorite spots. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions