Trying to resolve conflicting advice?

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, I've ordered my first box of 1/2s from my bank, but I think I'm confused. Should I use my everyday bank for ordering or for dumping? I've got a nice string of 4 banks on my daily commute that are within 300 yards of one another, but none of these are my bank. Should I be ordering from my main bank (where i hold all my accounts) and dumping at these 4 or should i be taking turns ordering from these 4 and dumping at my main bank. I feel like there is some conflicting advice . maybe both can work though. What do you do and why?

Upvote 0

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
personally i would order, the bags are more work for the teller :thumbsup:
pe

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would order from your bank and dump at the others where you don't have an account IF THEY WILL LET YOU. Notice the emphasis.

I am doubtful that many banks will let you hand over $500 to $1,000 in halves if you don't have an account.

Plus this way you get to save your relationship at your bank.

But since this scenario is doubtful for the long term, I would find another branch where you have an account to dump... maybe even 3 or 4 or 5 of them. Then cycle through.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Order wherever you can find that will order for you. Dump wherever you can dump, but not at your order bank.

You probably want to open one or more accounts at banks specifically for dumping, preferably banks with many nearby branches, a coin counting machine, or both.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 6 acc so i can get and dump where its easy. In the coin machines are your life line... dumps are every thing. never dump where you pick up. :laughing7:

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
My personal advice is to have 1 or 2 counters per 1,000 in halves you pick up. This is what I try to stick to and advise others as well. This creates less strain on your dump banks as some weeks you will not dump there. Keep your dumps under 1000 as well at each bank UNLESS you have some sort of agreement/relationship with them. This advice will allow for an extended relationship with the dump bank and decreases the likelihood of confrontation or being cut off....
So in your case. I would order about 3k in halves from your bank, and dump at the 4 branches along your route...
n8

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread