Trying Usb computer microscope for coins.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those USB microscopes are a great value and really aid in coin photos and grading! :occasion14:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got one of those but the CD that came with it wasn't supported by Windows 10. Grrrrr! I think mine is called "Cool-Tech". I can still use it, but can't take pics. Make sure you get the right software. Does anyone have the software that I need? Gary

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need one of those. What’s a good brand? Thanks for the post.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need one of those. What’s a good brand? Thanks for the post.

This is the one I have.

44308_Handheld_Digital_Microscope_Pro_5_570x380.jpg

It's the Celestron 5 MP Handheld Digital Microscope Pro. Pretty good software too.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one of those but the CD that came with it wasn't supported by Windows 10. Grrrrr! I think mine is called "Cool-Tech". I can still use it, but can't take pics. Make sure you get the right software. Does anyone have the software that I need? Gary

Did you look at their site to see if they updated the software? Sometimes on Chinese sites it's not where you expect it to be. A workaround is to take a screenshot of the image it's showing. Or try some freeware. Google "usb digital microscope software freeware"

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Celestron digital microscope. They’re great for seeing the really fine details. There’s also some color adjustments that can help to highlight certain areas. Here’s a couple of saved shots from mine. I should use it more as it’s a great tool.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544366855.402127.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544366881.782743.jpg
When it comes to figuring out coin varieties, seeing small die breaks and other tiny but important details there’s not much better.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s a great idea!!!! Thanks for posting

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you look at their site to see if they updated the software? Sometimes on Chinese sites it's not where you expect it to be. A workaround is to take a screenshot of the image it's showing. Or try some freeware. Google "usb digital microscope software freeware"

Whyme, I wish I was more computer savvy. I'll try what you said to do. Thanks for the reply. Gary

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whyme, I wish I was more computer savvy. I'll try what you said to do. Thanks for the reply. Gary

Dig up the USB scope and post the name and make of the thing and I'll see what I can come up with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread