Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after hitting my morning spot - Jason took me to one of his old spots - a cellarhole with some farm acreage
he had gotten some 1700s and 1800s stuff here - he had cleaned it better than he thought - after just get some bits and pieces of brass
and lead and old square nails - he got a small buckle and I got a deep faint hit - ended up pulling up a toasted copper from about 9 ins. - we thought it might be a
colonial copper cause it was thin - turned out to be a large cent - about 15 feet away I got another nice faint and pulled silver teaspoon handle from about the same depth
we broke for lunch and then went to some other fields of his - we covered a lot of ground - spot he really wanted to hit - a horse coral - was empty
when we arrived but a maverick came charging in from an upper field and wanted us out of there - he charged Jason ...then me and was eyeballing Jason again
so we moved on out - we did a lot of walking - Jason finally got a sweet large oval button/or cufflink - looks period - it has a clear stone in it
and a design - hopefully he will post - I got a lead bail seal and bits and pieces - we both got some new coins too
we hunted close to each other and told treasure stories most of the way - weather was nice - especially for early March in New England
very very seldom do we get to land hunt this early - so was really nice to get out - and even better to do it with a fellow hunter
thanks again Jason

Attachments

• DSC00203.JPG
    DSC00203.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 11

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure is nice to get out this time of year in the NE . Im still looking at snow on the ground here and its snowing today . So it probably will be a little longer for me .Congrats on the finds

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with any largie!!! Nice save!!!

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Good to comradary among my fellow Western Massachusetts detectors. Nice digs, and I totally agree, we are very lucky to be getting out this early. Also, the Indian Summer paid huge dividends too. November was my best month detecting, ever. Anyways, got a pretty good group of guys that I hunt with, if either of you guys want to get together for a group hunt you're more than welcome, the more the merrier. Cheers, and thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the spoon sounded sweet even though it was s faint C2. WTG, Q.
sounded like the LC did - gave a good number on the screen - soil was very mineralized - it was a surprise - wish it was whole
have only gotten a few whole ones and never one this old

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread