Tuesday Church Service, Ya'll COME!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. It was a bit chilly and windy this afternoon so I decided to do my therapy across the street at my old 1843 church. Guess what, IT AIN'T HUNTED OUT! LOL! I have hunted this place since 2009 and still manage to pluck nice old stuff from here. That's after the analog hunters ran off with a pack of goodies as well. Today I started with a nicer 1903 Indian Head Cent than the field one from this past weekend. SWEET!

I am trying to use more discipline in slowing my swing down to a virtual crawl working these iffy signals. It seems to be helping me in learning the language the Impact is speaking. I headed closer to the church to use for a wind break. I dug the little brass-gold plated fancy "C" thingy. It was probably 8 inches deep. The next target was scratchy as nearly everyone is here anymore. Pulled out a gaudy old emerald costume jewelry ring. Cool beans. Also recovered a rusty paper clip thingy and some pretty nice and deep square nails. I reckon if I concentrate on cleaning out the nails I may get rewarded with a nice Seated coin the previous pirates left behind. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

1903 Indian Emerald Ring C at Church 001.JPG 1903 Indian Emerald Ring C at Church 002.JPG 1903 Indian Emerald Ring C at Church 003.JPG 1903 Indian Emerald Ring C at Church 004.JPG 1903 Indian Emerald Ring C at Church 005.JPG 1903 Indian Emerald Ring C at Church 006.JPG 1903 Indian Emerald Ring C at Church 007.JPG 1903 Indian Emerald Ring C at Church 008.JPG 1903 Indian Emerald Ring C at Church 009.JPG 1903 Indian Emerald Ring C at Church 010.JPG 1903 Indian Emerald Ring C at Church 011.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 32
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great Indian. Nice Finds!

Howdy neighbor. Illinois may not have the east coast history but, it has some SWEET soil conditions that favor and "incubate" copper coins to some very desirable results. Hopefully you have managed a few beauties yourself. Love me a sweet old Indian Head Cent smooth and green!:love10:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice one there! Lot's of detail. Sweet! And your right, a sweet coin design:icon_thumright:

Thanks buddy. There's nothing much I appreciate more in a recovered coin than the smooth deep green patina found on some of my choicest Indian Head Cents. Old silver is always a joy but, the time it takes to create a smooth green Indian or 2 Cent Piece is truly amazing to me. The one thing I really like about being trapped in Illinois!:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Kevin, that ground sure is nice to coins! Congratulations on a great hunt.

Well, it is a church. Maybe sacred, consecrated, "holy" ground?!?:notworthy: I am stoked with this hunt. Giving me more confidence to keep pounding and clearing this old church of iron in search of some deep old coins. They never get them ALL! Thanks for the encouragement as always buddy!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kurios, It appears you did well at that old Church.The I.H.came up in very nice shape.

Reports from locals tell of a man who hammered this church back in the analog White's days. I reckon he walked off with loads a sweet silver and copper coins. Thankfully enough iron nails may have prevented the "iffy" signal coins I get from being hoarded off. I do love the challenge of finding another old coin in this spot. Headed over there today for another shot at history or just iron removal.:dontknow:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"plated fancy "C" thingy"

What is it?

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done my friend. I just knew you wold find some coinage. Full Liberty too.
Junk or not i love finding rings, gets the blood flowing. I like the detail on the "C" thang. Hand carved i assume?
Cant get over the soil around here. Keeps our coins beautiful as the day they were lost.
I have an entire day to detect 7 or 8 to 5 pm This sunday. I CANT WAIT!!! Going to take my kids toy camera since they broke mine lol. Been itching for a post.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"plated fancy "C" thingy"

What is it?

Ya' know Mr. Crusader, I haven't any idea? It's a flat piece of brass with beveled edges with the letter "C" on it. My pictures make it look psychedelic with various colors. No idea what it's application would be? It was deep but, Lord only knows how old it is? Sorry I can't provide any better description. I guess this would be my "first" fancy "C". :tongue3:

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Charlie. It's just junk costume jewelry made of some nasty corroding metal alloy. A green piece of glass being held in a brass enclosure. Still nice to recover it after so many others have missed it myself included. Thanks for inquiring.

Still pretty cool though, thanks for the pics :)

Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread