tune up required?????

House

Apr 10, 2007
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX & AT Pro
I own a Garrett Master Hunter CX. The original with the analog meter. The detector has been an awesome machine. I've found everything from clad to a gold ring. Recently I've been experiencing everything from the meter going crazy (giving false indications) to it shutting off and reading everthing as a penny. Whats frustrating is it doesn't happen all of the time... I have taken it apart and cleaned it. I have noticed some potentiometers on the circuit board. Are those for factory adjustments?

Is there something I can do to tune it up myself or do I have to send it off to Garrett for this?

I definitely am not complaining about my detector. I would buy another one. I don't think I could ever part with this one.

Thanks for help.

Happy New Year

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Check all the connections such as battery contacts, cables, wire connection and switches. First get the machine to work right, and then try to move the wires, conteact and cables to see if you can isolate the problem (wiggle test). Seems like a connection problem to me.

OP
OP
House

House

Apr 10, 2007
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX & AT Pro
Thanks Ant. That's what I'll do. I just re-soldered the connector back on my headphones and they are working great. I'll clean it up and get fresh batteries and give it a whirl.

Thanks again!

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
House said:
Thanks Ant. That's what I'll do. I just re-soldered the connector back on my headphones and they are working great. I'll clean it up and get fresh batteries and give it a whirl.

Thanks again!

Sure, anytime.

And I'm glad you understood what I meant and that you had the skills to fix the problem.

HH and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread