Turkish archeologists 99.9% sure they found Noahs Ark

M

miser

Re: Turkish archeologists 99.9% sure they found Noah's Ark

I've got a 100% feeling they haven't. People have been fabricating that evidence for centuries.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

Did it contain Adam and Eves apple core?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Did it contain Adam and Eves apple core?

No, but there was a lot of animal dung.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Turkish archeologists sure they found Noah's Ark

99.9% they are wrong

jlasserton

May 16, 2010
Nashville
Re: Turkish archeologists sure they found Noah's Ark

EDDE said:
99.9% they are wrong

Even though I don't believe this, it is interesting to hear. The story did get a credible news source covering it though.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It's on the left just past the worlds largest ball of yarn. Great tourism income for the locals. But that's about it.

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think these guys are kidding themselves,

if all the ice in the world melted it's estimated the seas would only rise by 240 to 270 ft

this whatever it is they have found is at a height of over 12,000 ft, so how did it get that far up the mountain, they have let there evangelical belief get in the way of common sense, IMHO,

furness

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good morning my friends: Who says that the water had to rise that high: Perhaps the mt rose?

Copy and paste -->

Station 55023 – STB Coral Sea located at 14.803 S 153.585 E (14°48’9″ S 153°35’6″ E

Don Jose de La Mancha

K

Kentucky Kache

furness said:
I think these guys are kidding themselves,

if all the ice in the world melted it's estimated the seas would only rise by 240 to 270 ft

this whatever it is they have found is at a height of over 12,000 ft, so how did it get that far up the mountain, they have let there evangelical belief get in the way of common sense, IMHO,

furness

What if all the water above and below were poured out at one time, along with a certain other event that scientists admit to have happened? What if the water rose the 200-300 feet you mentioned, and at the same time the earth tilted? Science knows this tilt happened. What do you think would be the result?

M

miser

The problem is, the whole Noah's Ark story makes no sense. Ignoring the fact that the ark as described would not be big enough to hold two of every kind of animal in the world (the Middle East perhaps, but not the world), and that structurally the ark would collapse the moment it became boyant (wooden vessel that large can't float), you still have a bigger problem.

The story says that whole world went under water. Well, since the whole world includes Mount Everest, that would mean, 12,000 years ago give or take, that about 28,000 feet of water would have to be dumped on the earth to flood it completely. And since water freezes at about 8,000 to 10,000 (snow covered mountain tops, anyone?), that means the too small, structurally unsound ark would now be embedded in ice with another 18,000 feet of snow and ice piled on top of it.

That ark and evrything on it would be squished (scientific term) flat as a pancake.

K

Kentucky Kache

I wasn't aware that RUNNING water freezes, except under extreme conditions, or when the flow is weak. The tilting of the earth would not make a weak water flow. But to the carnal mind these things are foolishness. The Bible tells us that. You can't believe it, because you don't know the reality of God. Yet, you trust in the mind of mortal man. And that's what WE call foolishness.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The finding of fossilized sea life at the upper levels of the highest mountains of the world proves that, at one time in the past EITHER the seas rose to those heights OR those mountains rose after the sealife died. You believe what YOU want to and I will believe what I choose to.

Now, as far as the Ark having 2 of every animal SPECIES of the world, there is a recent theory that perhaps the Ark contained the DNA of every animal species of the world. In other words, the Ark was the world's DNA repository to insure the re population of the earth after that cataclysmic occurrence. I'll just bet THAT statement made some folks sit up an take notice. LOL

M

miser

Shortstack said:
The finding of fossilized sea life at the upper levels of the highest mountains of the world proves that, at one time in the past EITHER the seas rose to those heights OR those mountains rose after the sealife died. You believe what YOU want to and I will believe what I choose to.

Now, as far as the Ark having 2 of every animal SPECIES of the world, there is a recent theory that perhaps the Ark contained the DNA of every animal species of the world. In other words, the Ark was the world's DNA repository to insure the re population of the earth after that cataclysmic occurrence. I'll just bet THAT statement made some folks sit up an take notice. LOL

DNA?? There must have been one heck of a lab on board that ark. ;D

M

miser

Kentucky Kache said:
I wasn't aware that RUNNING water freezes, except under extreme conditions, or when the flow is weak. The tilting of the earth would not make a weak water flow. But to the carnal mind these things are foolishness. The Bible tells us that. You can't believe it, because you don't know the reality of God. Yet, you trust in the mind of mortal man. And that's what WE call foolishness.

No offense intended. I didn't call it foolish. I said it makes no sense to me. I know the reality of the universe God created and I have never once seen God deviate from that.

If someone tries to tell me something I know in my heart that can't possibly be true, then God gave me enough common sense not to believe it. You know in your heart the story is true and therefore it makes full sense that you would believe it. That can be called many things, and a difference in perspective is my favorite. But it does not make either of us foolish.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

miser said:
Shortstack said:

DNA?? There must have been one heck of a lab on board that ark. ;D

Tissue samples containing DNA for all animal species on earth, could have been stored on one vessel the size of the Ark. All it would have taken was a reliable refrigeration unit that could have been placed on loan from one of the fiery chariots or flying shields that were around at the time.

K

Kentucky Kache

miser said:
Kentucky Kache said:

No offense intended. I didn't call it foolish. I said it makes no sense to me. I know the reality of the universe God created and I have never once seen God deviate from that.

If someone tries to tell me something I know in my heart that can't possibly be true, then God gave me enough common sense not to believe it. You know in your heart the story is true and therefore it makes full sense that you would believe it. That can be called many things, and a difference in perspective is my favorite. But it does not make either of us foolish.

No offence taken, and none intended. It is what it is, and I only stated what the Bible says about the situation. Common sense is a strange thing. Common sense would never allow you to believe that a man walked the shores of Galilee, healing sick people and raising the dead. Common sense certainly doesn't explain how the world got here and came to function the way it does. We have to break out of the common, and see what's possible. Not humanly possible, but realise that with God ALL things are possible.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark

I think the story of Noah's Ark has been embellished a bit by the tellers. The known world at the time was the world around them, not the one we know today. The flood was possibly caused by a break from the Mediterranean to the Black Sea or even a large Comet/Asteroid hitting the ocean causing a gigantic uplift of water. Several ancient cultures talk of this great flood and some even have a similar story to that of Noah. Not surprising.
Unless Noah was helped out a bit with collecting DNA, fitting two each of all the animals in the world on that boat was unlikely. More likely he collected local species and domestics.
I really don't think anyone will find the Ark. Certainly not 12,000 feet up a mountain. A giant uplift of water could put it pretty high, but I think the likelyhood of the Ark being destroyed grows with the height of the wave. If the yarn is looked at in a sensible fashion, it's not too far fetched. If one takes the story literally, well then, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona in mind that I'd like to sell them, along with a well known bridge.
Aquanut

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Kentucky Kache said:
miser said:
Kentucky Kache said:

No offence taken, and none intended. It is what it is, and I only stated what the Bible says about the situation. Common sense is a strange thing. Common sense would never allow you to believe that a man walked the shores of Galilee, healing sick people and raising the dead. Common sense certainly doesn't explain how the world got here and came to function the way it does. We have to break out of the common, and see what's possible. Not humanly possible, but realise that with God ALL things are possible.
Understanding would take the Holy Spirit. and Faith...

K

Kentucky Kache

Gonehunting said:
Kentucky Kache said:
miser said:
Kentucky Kache said:

Understanding would take the Holy Spirit. and Faith...

That it does, my brother.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread