Turn-around time on coins????

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anyone have a good definite answer as to :what is the turn-around time in days, between the time coins leave the bank in bags or totes on wheels, to the vendor coin process center, and back into the boxes/vaults again at the banks. In other words, how quickly could we expect the loose change purchases from this BLACK Friday weekend shopping spree to show up in boxes for us to look through. Please, no smart a?? answers.

Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have a good definite answer as to :what is the turn-around time in days, between the time coins leave the bank in bags or totes on wheels, to the vendor coin process center, and back into the boxes/vaults again at the banks. In other words, how quickly could we expect the loose change purchases from this BLACK Friday weekend shopping spree to show up in boxes for us to look through. Please, no smart a?? answers.[/QUOTE

It all depends on how long it takes the bank to send it out. I know with halves banks don't always send them out right away, especially if it's a small amount. So if someone brings in say 80$ in loaded rolls the bank may wait until they have a few hundred dollars before they bag them and send them out. There is a bank near me that had a 100$ dollars worth that I brought in a year ago and there still there! Just keep ordering HH

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
In this day of electronic payments, there is less cash purchases. I would go out on a limb and say that there are far fewer coin purchases over cash purchases. The majority of coin cycle will be Bank --> Merchant --> Customer --> Tossed into jars|Accumulated|Then processed at a Penny Archade/Coin Star OR the coin is accumulated|Rolled|Turned into Bank --> The bank then either accumulates it and send it off to be processed or it is given out to customers asking for coin.

So why would you think there will be an influx of coin after Black Friday?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I am not sure why somebody would go black Friday shopping and buy their merchandise with coins, that seems kind of burdensome.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drop off bags on Tuesdays and they are sent off Wednesday am. They have been counted and credited at the main facility by Saturday. When they are reboxed is anyone's guess but the quickest I've seen them return is 3 weeks like Buff said.
HH!
BRChiver

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Not a smart ass answer but are you expecting alot of people to do their Christmas shopping this year with coins stolen from grandpas collection ? I am betting the ratios of Silver coins found searching rolls dosn't vary much if any during the holidays but it's not something I can afford anyway so I don't pursue it.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
The silver in circulation will definitely pick up a few weeks after the holiday season. Holiday season being Christmas.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the coins, the demand, and the size of the area. I got a half back a week later once.II've also marked dimes and never got one back. They don't want an excess supply and order from the fed if the companies need more volume. If you are in a small market with a lot of orders you will see it faser. It also depends on the collection method. Weekly bin change or a bag that sits until full?

No solid answers but stuff to think about.

Ps my box pickups said they had extra boxes on hand for retailers on black Friday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread