Turn of the century home, art nouveau cuff link, 37 quarter, some wheaties....

txpathfinder

Feb 4, 2008
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Turn of the century home, art nouveau cuff link, '37 quarter, some wheaties....

A 1905 -or-so home here in town that had been in the same family for all these years, recently bought and it is being updated and expanded. I detected the parts of the front yard that I could and here's some of what I found. mystery item is the bullet shaped thing and the tag and the little bead, oh and the brass thingie at the top right. I found that at the bottom of some stairs and not where the old stuff was found. . Any ID's appreciated. I cannot make out any writing on the metal octagonal tag. Was a fun hunt- I might go back and hunt "all metal"

Attachments

• MVC-052S.JPG
    MVC-052S.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 317
  • MVC-049S.JPG
    MVC-049S.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 317
  • MVC-046S.JPG
    MVC-046S.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 309
  • MVC-045S.JPG
    MVC-045S.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 318
  • MVC-041S.JPG
    MVC-041S.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 315
  • MVC-038S.JPG
    MVC-038S.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 309
  • MVC-040S.JPG
    MVC-040S.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Turn of the centuryy home, some finds.

wow nice finds... I love that button with the face on it... or is that one a ring... sorry couldn't tell..either way..good finds.

JCinNJ

Jan 25, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Re: Turn of the century home, art nouveau cuff link, '37 quarter, some wheaties.

Love the cufflink. Tag could be a railroad baggage tag. Does it have any writing on it?

HH

- joe

OP
OP
T

txpathfinder

Feb 4, 2008
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Turn of the centuryy home, some finds.

Bootybay said:
wow nice finds... I love that button with the face on it... or is that one a ring... sorry couldn't tell..either way..good finds.

No it's a man's sterling cuff link, thanks!

OP
OP
T

txpathfinder

Feb 4, 2008
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Turn of the century home, art nouveau cuff link, '37 quarter, some wheaties.

JCinNJ said:
Love the cufflink. Tag could be a railroad baggage tag. Does it have any writing on it?

HH

- joe
I appreciate all the positive comments !
Joe re: the tag. I couldn't read anything after rinsing it off under water so I tried dropping it in heated 3% peroxide (See the cleaning and preservation thread.) Still can't make out anything. I didn't go any further with the cleaning.
But you know on the topic of cleaning, I don't think I will use the peroxide method unless it is otherwise hopeless. After trying some 50's dated wheats I noticed that when the peroxide lifts away dirt it also "burns" the coin, leaving it withan acid scrubbed look. What does the group think? How do you clean your old copper and make them look natural. I am starting to believe that distilled water and soft brushes is the only way.

OP
OP
T

txpathfinder

Feb 4, 2008
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

JCinNJ said:
Another possibility for the tag. Look at the 5th picture here. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,147741.0.html
Just because the house is turn of the century doesn't mean there can't be older stuff in the ground.

HH

- joe
thanks JC. I really appreciate the knowledge and comradery that T'Netters like you share. i followed the link and it made my heart beat faster. Do you think I should try the hot peroxide bath anew in search of detail?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread