Turnaround time for Propointer sent in for repair

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
My propointer finally gave up the ghost,although it has served me well.The off/on switch started acting up intermittently about three months ago and would'nt lock in the on position and recently got to where it would unknowingly turn itself on and run the battery down.As much as I hate to be without it,I finally broke down and sent it in for repair(only after the sensitivity started acting up)last monday 12/19 with an expected delivery date of 12/21.Anyone have any ideal as to how long Garrett takes to service a propointer?Although I have other pinpointers I still catch myself looking for my propointer!Thanks,DBULL

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
XL-PRO PRO said:
My propointer finally gave up the ghost,although it has served me well.The off/on switch started acting up intermittently about three months ago and would'nt lock in the on position and recently got to where it would unknowingly turn itself on and run the battery down.As much as I hate to be without it,I finally broke down and sent it in for repair(only after the sensitivity started acting up)last monday 12/19 with an expected delivery date of 12/21.Anyone have any ideal as to how long Garrett takes to service a propointer?Although I have other pinpointers I still catch myself looking for my propointer!Thanks,DBULL
I think they are closed till Jan. 2 ,2012.....Sometimes they do not fix them they just send out a new one............

OP
OP
XL-PRO PRO

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
Well I heard from Garrett today!Myra called and said that they have replaced the coil in my propointer and took my word on the age of the probe even though I failed to register the warranty.If the rest of their service is like this I'll probably be looking into an AT-PRO!Thanks Myra

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread