Turned Down 100% Profit (sort of)

wallyblackburn

May 11, 2007
Upvote 0

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I've done that, too. More often than I expect, people give me change thinking the halves I gave them were dollars, or I receive Susan B's as quarters. :P

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had that happen more times than I care to count. But the clerks appreciate the honesty as it will not cause them to be short, and they are more likely to welcome you next time because they remember the honesty instead of looking at you with a frown because they do not want to mess with them.

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
That same thing has happened to me more then once. Most recently I bought some plants at Walmart and the girl said. These are dollars right? I said no.... Half dollars.

If they dont say that the other half say "I save these!" or "these are worth money!" I say "yup! 50 cents each!"

Which brings up an old topic. If you are searching half dollars you should be spending them too!!! decrease the odds of getting clad back.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
bigtime400 said:
Which brings up an old topic. If you are searching half dollars you should be spending them too!!! decrease the odds of getting clad back.

Oh yeah, I spend them all the time. If I only find 1 keeper in a roll, I'll spend the other ones. Most people look surprised when you give them to them, and one grocery store actually told me I couldn't pay with them! ???

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny but it does happen alot. Halves are just not a common denomination that is used on a daily basis.

I have spent a bunch myself & I couldn't count how many times I've seen that look on their face and then flip the coin over a couple of times to look at the other side....lol.

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
my mom always freaks out every time i try to spend a clad half. once she wouldn't let me spend one when my bill was $5.50! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread