Turned Tenn. Josh Loose in The Ind.-Ohio Inf. Camp + My Total Finds There!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dman had to drive his daughter to the airport this morning but Tenn. Josh finally had 3.5 free hours to hunt and he had not yet had the opportunity to hunt the 1862 Indiana and Ohio U.S. infantry camp. This is the camp where Dman, Donnie, Julia, and I have hunted recently. This was my 6th trip there and I’m beginning to identify where the tent lines were.
Our combined finds are shown in the first pic. Josh had the best find with the GS eagle button but I dug the most 3 ringers (10). I forgot to put the rifle sight I dug in the pic as we were hurrying to get to lunch. What a shame that Dman couldn’t hunt today as Josh found an eagle button and Dman would not have had to buy lunch even though he dug an eagle button Wednesday (Attn. Hill Billy)-LOL. Josh shows the first 3 ringer from the tent lines that that he recovered from that site today in the 2nd pic.
Dman called toward the end of the hunt to see how many relics we had dug. Josh told him that he believes there was a camp there-LOL. He’s a regular CW Sherlock Holmes.
My total finds to date representing 6 trips and about 25 hours hunting time are shown in the last pic. We are not done there yet and we owe it all to our friend Tennessee Digger. HH, Quindy.

My CW relics recovered to date in 2012=154

Attachments

• Josh & Q. at U.S. Camp 2-17-12.jpg
    Josh & Q. at U.S. Camp 2-17-12.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 962
  • Josh at IndOhio Inf. Camp 2-17-12.jpg
    Josh at IndOhio Inf. Camp 2-17-12.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 973
  • Quindy\'s Finds from Ind.-Ohio Camp as of 2-17-12.jpg
    Quindy\'s Finds from Ind.-Ohio Camp as of 2-17-12.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 994
Upvote 0

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you guys must have 5 gallon buckets full of 3 ringers by now.holy crap! what a hunt!

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another great hunt!!! nice to have a site that keeps on giving!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tennessee digger said:
Quindy, one final thing. You are either going to have to quit hunting there or get a bigger display case ;D Tennessee digger
Donnie, Dman has a friend who sells us the 12x18 walnut display boxes at a discount. The way things are going with a unseasonably warm winter in Tennessee, we are going to list him as dependent on our income tax-LOL. You are responsible for some of our "need a bigger box" problems-LOL. HH, Q.
Dman said:
I am glad you two found a few good relics. I hope all three of us can hit it this week.
Dman
Well you are vgetting your wish today. Q.
Deno said:
Hey VOL man,

thats some nice civil war finds.

The so called experts could learn a lot from guys like you and your buds.

Our hobby doesn't get the respect it deserves.
Thanks Deno. The Tennessee Trio will hit that site today and I'll take readings on my GPS for future generations. When our daughter was in high school, she said "Daddy, every time you go hunting for Civil War relics, you come back with a handful of bullets. When will you get enough?". I repled "When I find everyhting they dropped". HH, Quindy.
Steve in PA said:
Productive hunt Quindy, looks like you are accumulating a nice collection from that camp.
So far, so good Steve. It was only used for 12 days in 1862 but they pulled bullets due to rain and about 60% of the 3 ringers are pulled. Tenn. Josh says I'll go over 100 3 ringers soon. Hope he's right and someone will dig a plate there. HH, Quindy.
Old Stonewall said:
Great dig and great saves!
Thanks Richard and I'll get the W & E Treasures info. to you today. HH, Q.
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
you guys must have 5 gallon buckets full of 3 ringers by now.holy crap! what a hunt!
Not yet Dave but we are working on it if we can keep Dman away from the old house site looking for coins-LOL. HH, Q.
Hutch911 said:
Another great hunt!!! nice to have a site that keeps on giving!
Several more trips to go there yet Hutch. Hope you are off work today and can get out to hunt. HH, Quindy.
oldcoon said:
You are doing very, very well. WTG.
Thanks for looking and taking your time to reply O.C. HH, Quindy.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul if lead! nothing better then a productive day of saving history, glad that site is still producing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread