Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after this mornings hunt ended early - did not know what to do with the rest of my day
PM low would be after sunset - and waters were really rough - so did not know if I could hunt it
I could travel for an hour and try another area for an earlier low - but no guarantee waters would not
be rough there also. Decided to try some fresh water spots. Our fresh water beachs close up
after labor day. You can still swim - but unless its really hot...most people call it quits
The fresh water spots get hammered by locals - and im not local, but figured Id try them and go out as far as I could
and see if anything out there. Found a really tiny fresh water spot - beach was buoyed off like 50 yards by 40.
I got nothing inside so decided to go "out side the box". As a kid I know we either had no buoys or if a beach did...
we always tried to defy the lifeguards by going under them and when lifeguards left ...we definitely went under them.
I got a few brown coins and then got a hit that sounded like a pulltab. I fanned with my foot and saw round edge of
what I thought was an old pulltab. to my surprise I saw large ring in bottom of my scoop, but did not get to excited
because I knew by its sound - it was not gonna be a good one. I was right ...stainless steel, but to me was still cool that I got it
because I went out side the ropes- hey it could have been gold. I saw some huge steel objects that they used at one time
to anchor the buoys and headed towards them. I got a nice hit nearby and checked in ID mode and got high tone -
which for CZ is good. I scooped and saw silver turtle slide on down into my scoop...cool! I saw loop was in tact and searched around
for its chain. Could tell it would be a thin one if it was in fact out there. I got nothing. I went out as far as I could - no signals.
Figured it was time to go, but before I left I headed back to where I got the turtle and decided to search a little more out from where I got it.
I got a bobby pin type signal...fanned with my boot...bingo - saw fine chain. So silver kept my new streak going.
I went and grabbed something to eat and drove to a salt water beach I thought I might try before sunset (even that low would be
an hour after sunset) When I got there- I was to early to get in...laid back and relaxed. I ended up passing out. By the time I woke up,
it was an hour before sunset. I decided to quickly go to another spot down the street. Waters were rough but I jumped in anyways.
One of my first finds was a large bronze boat/ship spike. Most likely from the 1800s - it was down like 2 feet but a cool find for me.
Was not getting much for signals ..I was getting bounced around and hit from all sides with swells. I'd be waist deep...then chin deep...chest...
then over my head. You could not tell that it was almost low tide. Sun was gone and I headed in. I got a pretty good signal near a jetty
and figured I had yet another sinker. To my surprise I saw a coin and plucked it from my scoop. I saw flying eagle on side facing me and
was surprised I had a standing Liberty quarter! So keeping my new silver and/or gold streak alive.
929nncas.JPG 929pmcas.JPG 929stdlib2.JPG

Upvote 0

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some really cool finds, Congrats. I really like that toasted walker, way to defy those buoys...

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some really cool finds, Congrats. I really like that toasted walker, way to defy those buoys...
not a walker (walker is a half)
- stand lib quarter

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and great silver finds...congrats.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always great to find a SLQ! I think it's the toughest modern coin to find since it was only made 14 years. :notworthy:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What a terrific hunt, Casper!

I love that little silver turtle; I have that on my bucket list

keep 'em comin'!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions