Turtle-back drill and GTown Collection balance

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
Got a couple nice drills and a few more points from my digging buddy for some work I had done
for him. Check the parallel flaking on the guitar pick scraper. This frame contains a variety of
Central Texas artifacts an Andice, Scottsbluff II ? , and Various Perds, Nolans, plus a Marcos
and a Zorra and an Archaic knife , All were found on a camp between the North and South San
Gabriel rivers in Downtown Georgetown in the last month. Some of the points were seen in earlier
posts as they were being collected. Happy Hunting !
1-20-2012 001tnet.JPG
1-20-2012 008tnet.JPG
1-20-2012 011tnet.JPG
1-21-2012 004tnet.JPG
1-21-2012 006tnet.JPG
1-21-2012 008tnet.JPG

Upvote 0

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
killer artifacts, those texas points always look lethal.. and the drill is awesome. Take care and good luck

Cachefind09

Oct 31, 2010
Clark County Ohio
If you Texas hunters don't stop posting your pieces and dig finds, I'm going to have to move down there and join you all. Your drills have sharp edges which would indicate they weren't used in a rotational manner but possibly as perforators. Nice pieces.

OP
OP
Krisrock

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
Thanks Y'all, The rivers were almost dry until last night Produce Guy. I do post at Austindiggers from time to time as well. Hey Cachefind Good eye on the perforators. Another key indicator is the flint cobble skin was cleverly included in the tip of each, that skin is undoubtedly the hardest part of the stone. They don't show much wear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread