turtles and yes I am

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ancient order of the Turtle? I am not acquainted with that? I did become a shell back and entered the order of the Golden Dragon by crossing the international dateline and the Equator at the same time on my return to the US.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. SWR where can I get verification of this?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias Sherman , yes. There is also one supposedly for those that cross the international dateline and equator at the same time, I have forgotten which.. The Captain took a chance and did it a sort of thanks for the returning members of the Guadalcanal campaign. We appreciated it.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I am not a Turtle, but should be & and most suredly am familiar with Hiram.
If I'm not mistaken, he was the widow's son. As am I.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose,

When you cross the equator at 0 degrees long by 0 degrees lat, you are a Royal Diamond Shellback. We did that on the USS Carl Vinson on its' 1983 World Cruise. I was one of the prime movers of the Pollywog Rebellion, and received an "S" in large print on my back for the ceremony (let's just use the phrase savage beatings). I deserved it though. On "Wog" day, we captured about 15 high ranking Shellbacks to pry where the Skull and Crossbones was hidden.

We used large sheets of canvas coated on one side with a couple of inches of grease. We rolled them up (in the greased side), hung them by their feet on the Mess Decks, and beat them with pieces of fire hose. We also poured oil in the tops, so it ran down into their noses. I understand it was horrible.

We never found the skull and crossbones. We found out later that it was hidden under the carpet in the XO's Stateroom. His personal Marine was a pollywog and tore his stateroom up. Didn't find a thing.

Best-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread