JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, found a youtube of KG and Ringy produced by Garrett and Company, without the TV show antics or too much nectar lingo. I personally like the TV show and the brand of comedy it offers, but it is interesting to see these guys on an average day just hunting...(thought you guys who don't like the show might enjoy it as well...maybe?)

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be boring to watch me hunt. Actually it might be kinda funny sometimes. Thanks for the Vid!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if Diggers will be back, or if the pollution from other
production companies stealing the idea has made the whole subject passe

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if Diggers will be back, or if the pollution from other
production companies stealing the idea has made the whole subject passe

Their website says 20 new episodes will begin on NatGeo Feb 24th...Also read they are working on a big project with one of the regular Network channels.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as long as they don't turn them into another
Saturday morning Hanna-Barbera crime fighting cartoon

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"King george" is bad enough, but seeing him in a cartoon? Ugh!

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was brutally painful. A half an hour of my life gone that I'll never get back.
Take away the antics and you're still left with a bunch of amateurs who know very little about what they find and get excited over crap that I toss away without batting an eye.
Like the Britt's would say.........Utter rubbish!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Fiddler for the vid. I too saw this and enjoyed it as well. A great deal of folks in the forum absolutely hate the detector shows as has been read in the past. I am a total believer in them and I will expound. Metal detecting is viewed as a retired persons hobby by a great deal of people. I recently got into the hobby as I have wanted to in the past but never could devote the proper time with work and all. I retired two weeks ago and am ready to devote all the time necessary to be successful. Let's get back to the tv shows. Late last year a few of my co-workers were talking about the Diggers Show. They were smart enough to realize that the hobby is more technical than it looks. Three of them got together and started to do their homework and bought detectors. They bought two AT PRO's and a CTX, pretty high end. Well they are having such a good time learning that one of them bought a machine for their young son and now the family goes out together.The hobby needs young blood in order to keep it interesting and alive. Yes, the shows go a bit over board but the awareness creates interest, I saw it with my own eyes! The greatest thing about the remote is that if you do not like it, then change the channel.Rich

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These guys got me back into relic hunting. I had an almost new Tesoro Bandido in the closet that had not been used since 1996 or so. There was a meth/ crime epidemic here in the 90's and if you knocked on a door in rural Tennessee in the 90's , prepare to be shot.
Watching these guys on television renewed my spirit not to mention all the new equipment that I had never seen before like detectors with four tones and the pointers. I'm glad I'm back. Ive missed it. I credit these guys , even as silly as they are. I'm saving my money for one of those Austrian made detectors that make all those strange sounds. LOL

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was brutally painful. A half an hour of my life gone that I'll never get back.
Take away the antics and you're still left with a bunch of amateurs who know very little about what they find and get excited over crap that I toss away without batting an eye.
Like the Britt's would say.........Utter rubbish!

That opinions a bit sad too imo because I horde everything I dig :tongue3:

at least till I get home.

I would have kept the possible wash tub handle dug at the beginning too

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish this is how they acted on the TV show! I would still be watching them if they behaved normally like they they are in this video.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would you do if one of your hunting buddies started using the behavior or terminology?

Yelling 'Juice', 'Colon', 'Roundness', 'Boom Baby', (etc.)

The fools on television with their planted coins that come out of the hole clean, uncorroded and in mint condition then scramble around the location doing a potty dance...

I like the show but think it should include more technique, research done, and best methodologies. You can keep the buzz phrases and antics.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would you do if one of your hunting buddies started using the behavior or terminology?

Yelling 'Juice', 'Colon', 'Roundness', 'Boom Baby', (etc.)

The fools on television with their planted coins that come out of the hole clean, uncorroded and in mint condition then scramble around the location doing a potty dance...

I like the show but think it should include more technique, research done, and best methodologies. You can keep the buzz phrases and antics.

All those shows really seem like the only real thing they are showing is how they can Push a product to its viewers...I do watch all these stupid shows, But mainly to see the areas they hunt.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried the diggers show technique! I found a rusty button then threw myself into some bushes backwards and broke my back while running a pro pointer into my hip breaking a few more bones but when I get out of this hospital I am going to do better and just bash my head in on a rock after each find!:laughing7:
Actually I love the show!

Last edited:

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do we have to put some dare in place for who doesn't find the most items?

Follows Camp Craig

Dec 1, 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Team Keene Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do we have to put some dare in place for who doesn't find the most items?

If not it should be like the episode of I love Lucy where Ricky and Fred were trying to discourage the girls from playing golf.

If you get an indication you have to ask your partners permission before you proceed to dig (may I ? ).

If you do not ask for permission to dig and are about to recover an object,
your partner may stomp all over your hole yelling "Mashie", "mashie" all because you didn't say "May I ?"

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to anyone who feels like they need to see a therapist as their life is ruined because they chose to view a disturbing video that I posted the link to. Here is an idea I got from a friend who has a young daughter at home...He thinks having kids doesn't mean he has to watch Honey Boo Boo, so he doesn't watch it...what a concept!

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can Honey Boo Boo guest star in an episode of Diggers?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions