TV show Diggers. really wish it didnt annoy me so much

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
TV show Diggers. really wish it didn't annoy me so much

I was excited to watch Diggers on TV today. I made it about halfway through an episode before. Uhhhhhh, BOOOOM, OH my gosh look at this chunk of iron drove me crazy.

Anyone have this feeling about the show. I really really wish it didn't bother me and I could watch some detecting while stuck inside with all the snow.

Upvote 0

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch videos on YouTube, that's what I do. I can't stand any of those clowns on tv.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the same way, guess I will have to check out the YT videos. Maybe it's because it's not what we do in the field, they probably have to hype it for TV excitement. TV shows follow a pattern when they start to lack viewers, they parade out the hot women, then the love affairs start, then death threats, eventually into the realm of fantasy like bringing them back from the dead or alien beings on the show, at that point they're done. Just my 2 cents, if you find my 2 cents please give them back...I need them :laughing7:

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I feel like they if they would direct the show similar to American pickers it would do well because people would want to see what they find and think some historical things were neat. But as it is now I think it turns people away

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. They are on TV now with "new" episodes but they are just previously run ones with additional commentary and stupid stuff. You can only listen to the word "awesome" so much before you just need to turn the channel.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you these shows are out there. All are BS but if you believe these guys on an interview at least they try. Want to watch a show that makes diggers look great try the Oak Island show it is so bad and so played out its hard to think it can last. One of the two brothers on this show is so delusional he needs theraphy ASAP.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried to watch it 3 or 4 times. It's like "here come Honey Boo Boo" .......those guys are are nails on a chalk board. Apparently a lot of folks like watching them though. Look at all the AT Pro's sold.........Diggers.

Eagledigs

Feb 17, 2012
Hattiesburg, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They shot an episode 2 weeks ago here in Mississippi. 3 days were devoted to a battlefield which is mostly on private land that my uncle and I have permission to hunt . We are the only 2 the owner lets hunt. The owner asked us to guide them for 3 days to help find some hot spots which we did. KG and Ringy are great guys as were the behind the scenes crew. As far as on camera stuff is concerned they do as they are told. They know what they are doing when it comes to detecting and really love the hobby and appreciate the history of the things they find. And yes, they do cover thier holes...We really enjoyed getting to know them those 3 days and have stayed in touch..

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I feel like they if they would direct the show similar to American pickers it would do well because people would want to see what they find and think some historical things were neat. But as it is now I think it turns people away

Yeah that's why I said about the direction.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I really wish it wasn't like think because the stuff they find is neat and without all the extra craziness they could show more of the finds.

And I could watch it with other people in the same room without embarrassment

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Agree with all of you, but actually enjoy Dig Wars a bit. I guess its because they actually get skunked now and then. I also know that Chicago Ron wouldnt be involved in something staged. Yes, it has cheesy moments, but is the best one out there. Check out Russ Babirona or Chicago Ron's youtube vids, they're actually pretty good.

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

backwoods tracker

Jan 2, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Never saw the show, never will, but maybe it will not only turn people away from watching it, but also discourage those who would be flocking to the shops to buy detectors ,were the show more encouraging, and go out digging willy nilly inviting more legislation against those of us who try to do things right. (Just a thought)

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I still can not watch those metal detecting shows… They find a button a dime some rusty iron it is like they found a treasure… Not just diggers all of them….Now down in the gold prospecting forum .. In the metal detecting for gold forum.. ..RON (CA) has a video up when he found a 1 1/4 oz gold nugget a few weeks back . It is a nice made video …… And with that big gold nugget… He did not go off half cocked and crazy like all those metal detecting shows do….

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are in their third season, in part because all the people that hate it don't miss an episode. :laughing7: :tongue3: :laughing7:

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the show... Only thing that drives me mad is the sound of the detector, it's fake, it's just put there, and is mostly always the same... Other than that... It's a show, what did you expect, serious people that if found a gold coin just smile and put it in their pocket??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread