TV Show Looking for Treasure Hunters

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get pitched once or twice a year. The biggest problem most people have with Production Companies is that they are so happy to be talking to TV People that they forget how many years and pairs of boots they wore out getting the information they have. They just blab it all out, then get pissed when their story is used and they aren't. If you got suckered into telling a story, remember that a production company will go to great lengths to keep costs down. Paying YOU is one of those things that they often try to get out of.

Always remember this:

NOBODY is responsible for safeguarding your private research but YOU! If you blab all your secrets away before getting anything in writing, then whatever happens is your fault. I try and make EVERY conversation with ANY production company be in writing. If I give out an idea for a story, and I see that story on that show without me, I have an email chain on my side in court.

As much as it may seem to be false these days in America, YOU are responsible for YOU and YOURS!

Mike

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
Hey ELH, you made my heart skip a beat. I'm going to Texas this spring with my middle son on a hunt for a big one I have completely researched. Can you share any info on that lost Texas cache you mentioned. I hope it's not the same we're going for. Besides, I like stories. Thanks.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ucvrelics.com

Nov 3, 2014
Birmingham Al
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD
Nautilus DMC 2b 15 inch head
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I feel slighted as I only have 3 ex-wives, I looking for #4 but she has to be a Rich Nympho that owns a liquor store. On a serious note. The reality shows for detecting only want to show the finds, they don't want follow me around for all the trips where I don't find squat.

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Your wrong Gates found a hat in one of his shows If he wants to go treasure hunting he can follow me this winter he won't last 5 days ha ha ha. And I'm over 70 years

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your wrong Gates found a hat in one of his shows If he wants to go treasure hunting he can follow me this winter he won't last 5 days ha ha ha. And I'm over 70 years

I'm with you on that and I am not yet 70 but closing in. I have searched many days leaving home at 2 AM or before and getting back around midnight. If he could last a week on the trail I don't think so. No one else works this hard do they "Harvest"

I have contacted Gates office his secretary is nice to talk to but Gates never calls back. Scared to get lost trying to keep up.

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
But Josh never finds anything!

And Oak Island never finds any treasure!Year after year!

And all they ever find on Snake Island is a lotta snakes!

And Bigfoot? They never find him, or even a skeleton, and it goes on and on, year after year!

I have had contact with these production companies, at least 3 times! NOTHING happens!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel slighted as I only have 3 ex-wives, I looking for #4 but she has to be a Rich Nympho that owns a liquor store. On a serious note. The reality shows for detecting only want to show the finds, they don't want follow me around for all the trips where I don't find squat.
Are any of your ex-wives looking for a handsome Treasure Hunter from Connecticut?

torie517

Jul 11, 2015
big heart mountain
Detector(s) used
Do not
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my own silly videostuff of my simple not so smart phone its true I get to look back and I really find things to day I go back to that heart to get to that cross to see the triangle that leads to some place I think

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard anything on this offer? Oh please dear god! Please don't tell me the plot is 4 or 5 guys stumbling around the Supers following props! Oh wait they tried that one! Never mind................

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was offered a show - got the contract - it pretty much said I was to keep my mouth shut - keep all ideas and opinions to my self
and if I could not produce the wow factor - they would provide it for me
I had changes made and signed it - but they weren't happy and even though I was under contract legally for a year - never got a call

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was offered a show - got the contract - it pretty much said I was to keep my mouth shut - keep all ideas and opinions to my self
and if I could not produce the wow factor - they would provide it for me
I had changes made and signed it - but they weren't happy and even though I was under contract legally for a year - never got a call

I'm not surprised. I've had 3 producers say they were interested in my http://www.goldenrecoveries.com/personal_site.htm as a documentary/reality show but none worked out. Said they would fund my searches. Two said I would have to sign over all rights to my information. I said "no thanks".

The third wanted me to act like a blubbering idiot. (maybe it wouldn't be acting ha ha ha?) I said "no thanks"

bobfoundit

Greenie
Feb 27, 2017
SD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I talk real funny so nobody understands me and they have to have a translation at the bottom of the screen?

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lots of producers making promises these days. It's all over on every forum, dreams of treasure hunting and nuggets by the fistfull.
They don't know anything about this or they'd go find it themselves. I'll stay one step ahead haha. Good luck Hollywood!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are you still looking?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread