Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is abandoned and why do they care and what do they do once they get there?
no idea what it is about LOL

OP
OP
Catobra

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a few minutes of it and taped the rest. It is a company who appears to hunt properties that are about to be torn down, gathers items that they have found there that they want to buy and then fixes up the items to sell.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a few minutes of it and taped the rest. It is a company who appears to hunt properties that are about to be torn down, gathers items that they have found there that they want to buy and then fixes up the items to sell.

I was impressed with the Roop Mill episode, I guess if you know me, you know it
was because of the land & the old Pics.
all I could think was if the land was well manicured & I could swing my detector :headbang:

The Church episode ? eh :dontknow:
would be cool to search through the place & salvage but there was no land to
drool over.

at least his wife didn't look like she just escaped from the basement of a 60's women in prison movie,
But I hate her Skinflint attitudes considering they are obvious millionaires. She'd be put in her place about what
she has to say about "My" Money.
she could squirrel her half where the sun don't shine.
my guess she's worried about what may not be there when she decides to take him to the cleaners.

but My Half would be "My Half" till she shows me 2 birth certificates, one that says she's my mother
and one that says I'm 2 :laughing7: there wouldn't be any "Mommy can I buy this"

I'll be watching this one for awhile though.
as long as they show the whole properties & Not just the buildings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Catobra

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will go back and watch both episodes in full, but from the little I saw, I would really love to be a "salvage person" (or whatever they're called-"salvager" didn't sound right : ) Some of the stuff I was seeing in just the few minutes I saw had me drooling. I think I will get upset watching because I know that the buildings are about to be torn down-I hate seeing historic buildings crumbling and hate to see them torn down even more. I also am not thrilled that all they pick is stuff to refurbish when it appears that there are plenty good antique/vintage items hanging out. They should take those and give them new homes as well.

Relic hunting the land would be cool too.

I'll let you know what I think of wifey after I watch : )

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will go back and watch both episodes in full, but from the little I saw, I would really love to be a "salvage person" (or whatever they're called-"salvager" didn't sound right : ) Some of the stuff I was seeing in just the few minutes I saw had me drooling. I think I will get upset watching because I know that the buildings are about to be torn down-I hate seeing historic buildings crumbling and hate to see them torn down even more. I also am not thrilled that all they pick is stuff to refurbish when it appears that there are plenty good antique/vintage items hanging out. They should take those and give them new homes as well.

Relic hunting the land would be cool too.

I'll let you know what I think of wifey after I watch : )

She was no Model, but Didn't hurt the eyes either.

OP
OP
Catobra

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched both episodes in full last night. The wife wasn't that bad. Someone has to make sure they don't go broke buying sewing machines : )

Makes me sick to know that they knocked down that beautiful Gothic church. Did you see the neighborhood it was in? I wonder if they got anything stolen out of their truck? Bet they wouldn't show that on TV. They don't say if they had other salvagers come in to pick, but they should cause it also makes me sick that all of that would just be bulldozed and sent to the dump.

At least the guys aren't annoying.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for showing me this Catobra! Looks like it will be great!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched both episodes in full last night. The wife wasn't that bad. Someone has to make sure they don't go broke buying sewing machines : )

At least the guys aren't annoying.

YET !

Give them time for their heads to swell & The producers to invent some Drama,
or lame comedy relief.

Last edited:

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Crap...wish I had seen this the day it was on. I guess I can look for a replay and dvr it.

OP
OP
Catobra

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for showing me this Catobra! Looks like it will be great!!

You're welcome! Thanks for being so interested in stuff like this and letting me know that the younger generation is not all lost : )

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Catobra said:
You're welcome! Thanks for being so interested in stuff like this and letting me know that the younger generation is not all lost : )

Haha I will try not to let you down! I really think its sad I though, how nearly even I know is just obsessed with video games :( I fortunately have seen the light. Haha. Thanks to everyone who posts and contributes to anyway on this site. It's one of the reasons I bother getting up in the morning!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread