tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, ends just like that lost Civil War gold in Lake Michigan. Pictures show what they claim as a bar of gold and the season ends. :BangHead:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess, if really gold , The Gold went to the Government.
Or Will.

I would Think it was Not found where they Say,
already Extracted,
Or the Site is under Military Guard.

After Fridays Show, I Am sure a Few Enterprising, Less then Honest
People are going to try and find the area thinking they can beat them back.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody needs to remember that these shows were filmed about three months ago. If they had actually found something, it would have already been on the news.

Think back to Expedition Unknown, when they found the Yeti Print in Bhutan. It was all over the news a couple of months before the show aired. Same thing here. There would be all kinds of bureaucratic BS, and filings for permits to recover treasure, other claimants filings lawsuits, etc, etc, etc. When Mel Fisher found the Atocha, his attorneys had to fight off about 125 lawsuits from everybody that had ever heard the name Atocha or Fisher.

Mike

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF, that 100 foot of water depth they marked is a vertical shaft (dug by humans) why not pump the water out ? Would seem easier ,quicker, & safer than diving it.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The only thing the show found was new chumps to waste their own time by watching it.Just new garbage to replace the old garbage.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The LOL Scene for me last night was first They Find a Spot With Tarantulas ? I think ?
Which they need to go by that Spot Very Carefully, "Don't Touch the Walls" They are Told.

Then they reach a Dead End.

The Demolition Guy Sets up 2 or 3 Sticks of Dynamite, With at least 2 other onlookers & The Camera Crew
Watching over His Shoulder

He doesn't say," Go to the Opening & I'll Light it & Join you"
but instead Lights it, Watches it Burn for 2 or 3 Seconds Then says " RUN !"
& everyone in the Narrow Tunnel , turns & runs I'm taking it,
Bouncing off the walls, Right past
The Tarantulas with No thought of them, in order to get to the opening :laughing9:

There were More then 3 Stooges There

Last edited:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
does anyone know when this show was filmed?
brad

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brad

Like every other show, it was about three months ago. Its not a live show. It takes a lot of editing. The dynamite scene probably took two hours to shoot. Three cameras. They splice parts together so it looks dangerous. The fuse and sticks were likely fakes, and for the authentic "BOOM" Shot they probably used electric generator and igniters (much safer).

You also have to remember that the crew are all Union Members. They have to have catered food and safe comfortable lodgings.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brad

From what I can find out online

Bolivia's Summer (verano) is the rainy season, which runs roughly from November to March.

They supposedly were on the fringe of it at the end.
so I'd guess a year ago.

That is IF they didn't Lie about the Rainy Season just Starting

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now, if there are Millions of dollars in gold in the water, do you guys think the local government will let them recover it - and THEN seize it, or just go ahead and lock it down?:skullflag:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, if there are Millions of dollars in gold in the water, do you guys think the local government will let them recover it - and THEN seize it, or just go ahead and lock it down?:skullflag:

Yea Tuff Call.

I think I'd let the "Crazy Americans" Use their Money & Expertise.
Then Confiscate :laughing7:

Maybe even once it's recovered,
Put Warrants out for them in order to get them to Run for the Airport Faster

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, My Honest guess is They already worked out a Deal with the Bolivian Government,
That the treasure Stay Within the country as Historical .

as for payment :dontknow:

Can the Bolivian Government Be Trusted to Keep their Word ?

OP
OP
deducer

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Like every other show, it was about three months ago. Its not a live show. It takes a lot of editing. The dynamite scene probably took two hours to shoot. Three cameras. They splice parts together so it looks dangerous. The fuse and sticks were likely fakes, and for the authentic "BOOM" Shot they probably used electric generator and igniters (much safer).

You also have to remember that the crew are all Union Members. They have to have catered food and safe comfortable lodgings.

Don't ruin it for me, Mike. I'm trying very hard to maintain my suspension of disbelief. :laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just because they say that they're in Bolivia doesn't mean that they're really in bolivia,:laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 224 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, Science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world.

[h=1]A Different Perspective [/h]
[h=3]Treasure Quest - Season Three[/h][FONT=&quot]
A Different Perspective: Treasure Quest - Season Three

[/FONT]

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The LOL Scene for me last night was first They Find a Spot With Tarantulas ? I think ?
Which they need to go by that Spot Very Carefully, "Don't Touch the Walls" They are Told.

Then they reach a Dead End.

The Demolition Guy Sets up 2 or 3 Sticks of Dynamite, With at least 2 other onlookers & The Camera Crew
Watching over His Shoulder

He doesn't say," Go to the Opening & I'll Light it & Join you"
but instead Lights it, Watches it Burn for 2 or 3 Seconds Then says " RUN !"
& everyone in the Narrow Tunnel , turns & runs I'm taking it,
Bouncing off the walls, Right past
The Tarantulas with No thought of them, in order to get to the opening :laughing9:

There were More then 3 Stooges There

The scene with the Tarantula's was stolen Raiders of the Lost Ark!

I recognized that similarity right away.

They probably put that tarantula on his back after they
de-fanged the critter! Good for suspense. With the technology they used anyone could find those tunnels if they knew where to look and had a couple million bucks to spare!

eelecurb

Feb 12, 2011
Long time lurker here...... Just watched the finale and for all the reasons posted in this thread the show feels fake, fake, fake to me. I have no problem if the show is scripted and the finds are planted, just don't present it as a "reality show". I wouldn't be as skeptical if it weren't for the fact the similar "Legend of the Superstitions" show had a completely fake ending (I'm sure you all know many people have been in the bat cave and there is no cross in it). My point is, there is a precedent for completely falsifying finds and if that's the case here the producers and Discovery channel should be ashamed.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
IF, that 100 foot of water depth they marked is a vertical shaft (dug by humans) why not pump the water out ? Would seem easier ,quicker, & safer than diving it.
==========
Their "Explosive" guy seems good, just have him blast an opening down the hill and drain it all.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 224 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, Science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world.

A Different Perspective

Treasure Quest - Season Three

A Different Perspective: Treasure Quest - Season Three

===========
Shame we no-longer have that "Truth in Advertising" laws. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions