spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might have been a show in, if it was just quirky they were looking for. I had to take a nap before going through the remainder of the requirements and I fail that litmus test big time. It sounds like too much work too :tongue3:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I think they should take a look at 'The Rowdy Bunch' and LaLa's and 'the A$$'s on one of the tnet member hunts(JD's MO,LBH,CTH) and submit a video with serious and comical entertainment as a real 'treasure gang'. Or - a night hunt w/comments from ME22 and Baldingboy!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I got that e-mail. Not me. And not any serious hunters on or lurking around this site, I fear. It will turn out to be something like that Repo, or Pawnshop, or Cops with detectors I'm afraid. Every day another alleged clue to Jesse James' buried 17 mule loads of silver. But if it comes out, we'll all watch it. We shall all critique their techniques and run them down, but still watch. Y'all got flash, talent, and have no shame makin an a** of yourself on public television, get with it, best of luck to you.

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Basically, a large network approached Marc and wanted him to pass on their interest in finding someone who has been detecting for a long time and roams around the country looking for goodies.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I got it, they are looking for a story. Kinda cool actually there are many here.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
TEXAN Connection said:
I got it, they are looking for a story. Kinda cool actually there are many here.

Albert,

With that video of you detecting under that old store, you may just want to send it to them.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained my man.

I'm being serious, this isn't the political arena.

detector99

Nov 1, 2004
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To everyone, I posted the message below in another section of this forum earlier RE: The TV Production Company. I understand that the moderators may delete this because it is a duplicate post.

I am also stating here that I am not speaking negatively about the company in question. I do not know who they are. I am just making all of you aware of what has been done in the past.

My name is Frank Pandozzi. I am the Executive Producer of Exploring History's Treasures TV series. (http://www.exploringhistorystreasures.com) We are all about metal detecting and history. We were the first production company that filmed a TV series that involved real treasure hunters, who love history. That was back in 2005. Our TV series, although never syndicated, became a huge success across the country. Since that time there have been a number of copy-cat productions who are trying to film a metal detecting/treasure hunting series. Unfortunately they are also lying to hobbyists by telling them they will get on to TV if they can film them as they detect. I know of three so called production companies that have made these promises but has never delivered. Instead, they use their footage to produce and sell their own DVD's.

Involvement with a professional production company involves contracts. If you are not signing one, and it does not spell out exactly what you are getting for your participation, then you better back away. As far as I know, we are the only production company still filming a metal detecting TV series. Thanks!

Frank

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Found it.

Hi TEXAN Connection,

A major television production company has asked me to forward this to our members - this is a VERY serious casting call, and I wish you the best if you are interested. I would LOVE to see a TNet'r become a star!

Thanks,
Marc Austin

Major TV Production Company is ISO Passionate and Proven Treasure Hunters

Do you make your living traversing the country in an RV scavenging for artifacts from centuries past? Are you a family of metal detectorists who heads out to the local Civil War battlefields on the weekends to find your loot? Or a colorful character who pores over antique maps to find long lost relics?

If so, we want to hear from you. We are a major TV production company looking for our next big TV talent. You should be passionate about what you do, knowledgeable in a wide range of artifacts and time periods, but ultimately an amateur doing what you do because it's what you love. Ideal candidates include families who travel around the country - or even deep into their own backyards - searching for hidden treasures, a dynamic duo who hits the road in search of precious metals or Revolutionary War remnants to pay the rent, a unique individual who goes to great lengths to find long lost relics - or any combination in between.

If you think you have what it takes to be our next TV star, send us a video of your treasure hunting team telling us why we should pick you. Quirky personalities welcome.

Submission Guidelines
Please send a video (preferably a quicktime video) telling us who you are and why you want this gig. Video of yourselves in action is a major bonus.

In the body of your letter or e-mail, please answer the following questions.

1) What is your most astounding find to date?
2) What are your favorite types of finds?
3) What are your most frequent finds?
4) What do you do with your finds?
5) What regions of the country/world do you cover?
6) What methods/equipment do you use?

Please send the above materials with your contact information to [email protected]. We will be in touch if we're interested. Thank you for your time, and GOOD LUCK!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if that letter would have said something like;

Dear Tnet Members,
We are a major production company looking for serious candidates who wish to travel the country in search of lost relics and treasures. We, along with our many sponsors and investors, will provided the travel home, gear, and expenses. If you are an experienced metal detectorist or treasure hunter we are interested in hearing from........etc., etc., etc.

Now I'm sure that would have gotten them a lot of serious replies! :laughing7:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yeah! If they were willing to ante up....... Albert and I would quit our jobs and travel the country diggin' and siftin' old torn out buildings. :laughing9: Of course, we don't come cheap. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
packerbacker said:
Will I get a chance to take off all my clothes for the big, silver screen??! :laughing7:

I believe it's for detecting, not erecting. :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread