Jasper, Ontario
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ATGOLD
Garrett pro pointer
Fiskars digger
Primary Interest:
Other
In September out hunting at one of favorite places that has rewarded me over the years with some very cool coins and some jewelry as well. There's a walkway with a hand rail at the top of some stairs, so along the base is a small garden that my Atgold was just crying to get into. When the coil went over this target it just screamed +and- 90, at that point I figured a nice silver half lol. Turned out it was a huge high school ring and I figured score with huge silver. On the top was a nice aquamarine with a crest and the letters S/F. The sides had Raymond and fishing on one and Stephanie and baseball on the other. On the inside of the ring was an engraved name.

I got to work researching the name and spent quite a few hours and finally came up with a name that was somewhat local and everything seemed to fit into place. About 4 weeks had passed and heard nothing after I sent a Facebook message. Then I tried sending one of his friends a message to message to get hold of this guy, well that didn't work either lol. Then bam 2 nights ago there's a message with a full description of the ring and he said he didn't even notice he lost the ring till he read my message lol and he had told his folks this story. Now the two names mentioned on the sides are his folks names and their passions in life.

I got in last night about 8 pm and saw he lived less that 2 minutes from my house so in the car I went, knocked on the door and this guy was elated, you could see the happiness on his face with being re-united with his ring. He then tells me this is the second time his ring has been returned to him. He had left it in a washroom in Ottawa about an hour away and the fellow who found it drove it to his house as well lol. His departing words were ty so much for returning my ring especially in this world where there's not too much honesty left. Clinton is in his early 20's.

It's times like this that makes us as detectorist's with good morals and at times the ability of the best reward possible of being able to see and restore some faith again in mankind. I truly hope at some point the ones that detect and have not had this experience, that you do and are able to feel the satisfaction in returning something to it's owner.

Cheers
Jon

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
job well done !!:occasion14:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice story there ! Congrats HM vote too :occasion14:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very nice story! Kudos!

But, I would've told him that if you find it again, it's yours! ;)

OP
OP
M_d_in_guy

M_d_in_guy

Jan 12, 2015
Jasper, Ontario
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ATGOLD
Garrett pro pointer
Fiskars digger
Primary Interest:
Other
ty all for your thoughts, much appreciated, cheers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread