Twin River camp ground questions

dvdtharaldson

Sep 19, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told that the law states that you have to use "hand tools". In NH a shovel is not considered a hand tool. I have also been told that the rangers usually look the other way as long as you are not destroying the river banks. Most people use shovels and most people get away with it. How lucky do you feel? I think a grey area are those two foot shovels. Is it or isn't it? Who knows. I don't think it has been litigated yet.

Good Luck

OP
OP
MAnoob

MAnoob

Greenie
Nov 29, 2012
I have been told that the law states that you have to use "hand tools". In NH a shovel is not considered a hand tool. I have also been told that the rangers usually look the other way as long as you are not destroying the river banks. Most people use shovels and most people get away with it. How lucky do you feel? I think a grey area are those two foot shovels. Is it or isn't it? Who knows. I don't think it has been litigated yet.

Good Luck

thanks for the info I will try and bring one of those small spade shovels and see if others are using them if not I guess I have use a garden trowel

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great place to pan! You really need just a pan, hand trowel, 5 gallon bucket w/classifier and foamy pad to sit on. You can dig all day at the wet zone and get the gold. I will be there July 15-21. I will be panning, sluicing and stuff. If your there at this time I'll see you on the river.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread