Twinkies for Silver!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I was reading on AOL about how someone had a box of twinkies on sale on ebay for $200,000. dollars! OMG! ::jaw drops:: Now the price has gone up to $250,000. dollars. total drool-fest! And lucky me, a couple of days ago I bought a couple boxes of my favorites, Raspberry Zingers and Suzy Q's. Well I was websurfing Ebay some more and seeing all the ideas on TN when an idea hit me. Why not put a post on Ebay for packages of zingers, twinkies etc and instead of asking for cash, asking for silver instead!! Hmmm.. It would mean I have to open my unopened boxes of edible treasures to get silvery treasure. hmm.. Is it worth it? Well I plan on scouring the local gas stations for some individual packages of hostess yumminess and see about selling those first. Maybe a package of twinkies for a pre-1964 quarter or dime. hehehe. And while I am out and about on the hostess hunt, I dump some coins, look for some halves etc. ohhh, there's an idea that makes me all warm and giddy.

See ya Luvs, wish me luck!
-Garoulady

(PS- this post is for humor only and does not constitute a posting of selling or trading etc on TN.)

Bye!!

Upvote 0

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
GarouLady said:
I was reading on AOL about how someone had a box of twinkies on sale on ebay for $200,000. dollars! OMG! ::jaw drops:: Now the price has gone up to $250,000. dollars. total drool-fest! And lucky me, a couple of days ago I bought a couple boxes of my favorites, Raspberry Zingers and Suzy Q's. Well I was websurfing Ebay some more and seeing all the ideas on TN when an idea hit me. Why not put a post on Ebay for packages of zingers, twinkies etc and instead of asking for cash, asking for silver instead!! Hmmm.. It would mean I have to open my unopened boxes of edible treasures to get silvery treasure. hmm.. Is it worth it? Well I plan on scouring the local gas stations for some individual packages of hostess yumminess and see about selling those first. Maybe a package of twinkies for a pre-1964 quarter or dime. hehehe. And while I am out and about on the hostess hunt, I dump some coins, look for some halves etc. ohhh, there's an idea that makes me all warm and giddy.

See ya Luvs, wish me luck!
-Garoulady

(PS- this post is for humor only and does not constitute a posting of selling or trading etc on TN.)

Bye!!

Go for it, I bought 6 boxes and have them listed on eBay for $90
If someone is willing to pay then why not capitalize on the situation

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what it's shelf life is,
Buy up the last shipment of Wonder Bread, & ebay it.

Of course Twinkies may Survive Nuclear holocaust & Locusts

even though P. T. Barnum never actually said it.
he respected his followers way too much to say such a thing.

There really is a sucker born every minute.

Last edited:

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to snap two boxes of hostess cupcakes. Never had one, but I'm craving them now. Must be the fact that I could always have one so I didn't want one and now that I can't I need to eat several!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they are going to bought by another brand, and life will go on.

That said, they seem to go consistnatly for +20 a box on feebay

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't care who made the twinkies brand as long as they don't change anything. I have noticed over the years that the raspberry zingers don't have as much raspberry flavor as they use to. I guess to cut costs they took away some of the raspberry flavor and just added more sugar.

another personal Fav for me is something Kellogg's made about 20+ years ago. they called them Snack-ums. They came in canisters about the size of a small oatmeal container and they rocked. They were giant fruit loops, honeycombs and giant corn pops. My ultimate fav was the fruit loops. One piece covered your whole tongue and you could just sit there and let it melt into sugary fruit yumminess. :;whimpers as she's hit with a wave of nestagia:: bummer.

But oh well. it was an idea. I'll keep them in my pantry till the supply starts to dwindle down and then maybe put them on ebay, If my brother doesn't find and eat them first. LMAO.

Peace!
-Garoulady

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would rather eat dirt than buy a twinkie or eat one yuck yuck yuck

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definately make money on them while you can, it wont last and they will be back on the shelf in 6 weeks. But in the meantime use your FRN's made from sales to exchange for the shiny stuff on craigslist or your LCS.

Hostess is busting thier unions. I see a couple of different ways this could play out.
Close the doors, terminate all employees and ceace all business for 30 days.
Re-open as Hostesses Brand and hire non union workers.
or
sub the work out to different non-union bakeries.

Either way they are getting rid of the Union workers
The brand names are American Icons and I can not see them going away anytime soon

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another company will for sure pick up the brand!! :)

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't care who made the twinkies brand as long as they don't change anything.

when you say this do you want the creme filling they have now or the original filling?

little known fact. Twinkies were first made with banana filling then bananas were rationed due to ww2 and until 2007 or 2009 they were filled with the creme filling they have now. i have had a banana filled one and must say i like it a lot better.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am not sure if i will eat hostess brand again. it will depend on a few things: first, the can not call the product something else they must call it hostess Twinkies and so fourth for other hostess products. second, they must not change how it is made or what it is made with. now if you could get little Debbie to buy them up that would be great. little Debbie has a twinkle like product called cloud cakes. so if they made that along with Twinkies that would be awesome. just my thoughts on this.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made in China. Look for 奶油夹心饼 on the new packages along with the mandatory Spanish.

Silver Chronicles

Nov 3, 2012
Midwest
Detector(s) used
M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to think I could have picked up a couple boxes after I got off work the other day? Sigh!

HH Michael

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
OnARoll said:
Another company will for sure pick up the brand!! :)

My employer is bidding on them currently. In fact, I now have to work Thanksgiving because of them shutting down and big places like Wal-Mart needing more bakery items to fill the shelves. Means less CRHing time. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread