Attachments

• reales_obverse.jpg
    reales_obverse.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 251
  • reales_reverse.jpg
    reales_reverse.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 26
Wow, all those coins are great and have good detail.

I would give my left pistachio to go my neighborhood park and pull coins over 200 years old.

Sheesk, you east coast guys make me sick sometimes. Just go out to any old urban park, and presto: reales. What's next? Are your sandboxes brimming with large cents, busts, and colonial coppers? Probably so , haha

gotta love that old silver…congrats

Wow great finds. Really nice coins thanks for sharing.

Re: The 2R on the left: In 1776, an earthquake demolished Antigua Guatemala (including the mint) and a new city was built some miles away. To mark the move, the mintmark was changed to "NG" ("Nueva Guatemala", still the capital of Guatemala) on all issues of 1777 and after. Assayer "M" is noted for the years 1785-1821. Portrait two reales were struck for Charles III 1779-85 with the "NG" mintmark; the subtype of 1786-87 (shown here) was only .896 fine.
That coin should bring more than $100 at auction:
Great find !!
Don......

East coast is great. In Suffolk County you can find coins from the early 1600's.

I love those 2 Reales, congratulations!

Steve

Damn those are some great park finds! Very nice

Great finds! Is this park not hunted at all? If so you did an excellent job finding what others missed. Well Done!!!

That's an outstanding day in the park. It's crazy that those were all still lying there waiting to be found - lucky you! Do you know the history of the park? Must have been an early homesite on the property years ago before it was turned into a park.

Oh.......my.......god!!, that's an amazing haul, your city park is a freakin goldmine!

Congrats and go excavate that place!!!

Wow what a park! Were the Reales in the same hole! What a day for old silver! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back