TWO AMAZING FINDS TODAY!!! ONE MAKES MY SON A HERO

L

lovedigging

This morning was our 6th day on vacation and when I got up at 6am it was raining like crazy! I almost rolled over and went back to sleep but decided the beach was where I needed to be. I figured since I had my new Excaliber II it was waterproof so what the heck. I hunted for about 2 hours and came up with lots of change, 2 earrings, and my first engraved 14K gold wedding band, My sixth ring this week. I noticed it was engraved with their names and the date of their wedding, plus "I love you". Pretty cool. I decided to try and locate the owners as I found it in a resort area, close to a hotel. My son and I went to the closest houses, then the hotel. Spent about an hour doing this... The lady at the hotel desk thought I was going to just leave it with her as they had a supposed report of a missing ring. After checking with housekeeping, and no one really willing to talk to me, I decided to leave my name and phone number with instructions to have the people missing a ring contact me. If they ever contact me, I'm sure they will be able to describe certain identifying marks on it. I am hoping to return it to its rightful owner.
Went out this evening for an hour and took my nine year old son. We hunted behind two hotels on the beach and were there a short time when I saw a lady approach my son and was talking to him. I figured she was asking him what we usually find but soon I saw him follow her to an area and he started looking with my DFX. I started working that way but within minutes she started screaming at the top of her lungs and jumping up and down, Everyone started looking trying to figure out what in the world was wrong with her. :icon_scratch: The next thing I knew she was hugging my son like their was no tomorrow. By this time I had gotten there and after watching her cry and hug my son a dozen more times she finally was able to explain she had lost her keys the day before and was suppose to leave headed back to Pennsylvania but was forced to stay another night. She had us go with her to show her husband we had found them and after a few more hugs I decided to take her picture with my son so that he could look back later in life and remember how it helped someone out. All evening he has mentioned over and over that he was happy he found them for the lady and now he's talking about getting up early with me to hit the beach again. I can tell now that he is hooked just like his daddy... ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,377
  • ring2.JPG
    ring2.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 1,362
  • kyle.JPG
    kyle.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,364
Upvote 0

fastfwd

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2007
Great story ! Love the look on peoples face when you return something they had given up for lost :) Makes them happy and you also ! good job to your son !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
Way to go Bro on another really nice ring.

And a really BIG way to go to my nephew!! ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That is an incredible story. I don't think it gets any better than that!! And the best part is that he did it all on his own!!! He made the decision to go help her before you even got there, and then he was able to use the DFX to find them quickly.

I'm glad you got pictures, they will put a big smile on his face for a VERY long time.

GREAT JOB!!!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post TC. A big high five! Two finds to be super proud of. Your sons a natural. ;D
That ring is a beauty. :thumbsup:
-MM-

toolman61

May 31, 2008
Great story! would be very proud of the young man for sure! I sure hope you can find the owner of the wedding band because it looks like alot of love went into it. I hope you guys find some real good stuff tommorrow and the years to come. HH Tom

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wonderful post! Congrats on the ring - and good luck with finding the owner.

And congrats to your son for his find! Way cool, very good job there, guy.

HH to you both,
Nan

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
excellent excellent, you must be proud

I'd put those keys on the banner :thumbsup:

as I am sure they are priceless to her and the moment to you and your son

:thumbsup:

gmsparky

Aug 14, 2007
metro detroit
Detector(s) used
dfx, m6, prizm III
great story, he's hooked for life, but it's something good to be hooked on. there are worse things to get into. keep it up.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I agree with everyone else here. Great job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
He is a cutie and this will be a great memory for him! Great picture too!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Buckeye Boy

May 27, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - Fisher CZ 3D with Sunray FZ-1 probe
All hail to the King of the keys :icon_king:

:wav: :wav:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And an excellent find on the ring, hope you turn out to be a hero also just like your son.

Stephen

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Thats awesome! Very nice 14k ring! Yeah metal detectors are great things for finding peoples personal belongings like rings and keys! Thats why I love this hobby! So much treasure lying around! :thumbsup:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics and story! WTG to your son for the awesome job.:thumbsup:

Very nice ring. Good luck on finding the owners.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread