Two armored truck drivers sent me messages this week

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had a laugh because of two messages I received through vault tellers today. At my dump bank the Brinks guy told her that I might be searching the same coins if I'm getting them from a Brinks supplied bank. I assured her I'm not.

In a pickup bank the Garda guy told the vault teller to tell me that I should get my coins from Loomis since they're the ones that ship coins that are "pure silver". If I was getting them for collecting coins then I'd "be alright".

Funny things to say, and a coincidence they were both on the same day. Has anyone had similar funny things said to you recently?

Upvote 0

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
I have- my vault teller at my best pickup bank passed along a message from Loomis that I'm "searching the same coins every week." I assured her that I'm not lol

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
When this happens to me, I'll give a note to the teller to give to the 'armored truck guy', "No I'm not, I send the coins back to Brinks, they don't get sent back to you, but thanks for trying to help"

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7:One of my banks told me that the Brinks guy asked " When are people going to stop looking for Silver in these Damn boxes!" lol,

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a laugh because of two messages I received through vault tellers today. At my dump bank the Brinks guy told her that I might be searching the same coins if I'm getting them from a Brinks supplied bank. I assured her I'm not.

In a pickup bank the Garda guy told the vault teller to tell me that I should get my coins from Loomis since they're the ones that ship coins that are "pure silver". If I was getting them for collecting coins then I'd "be alright".

Funny things to say, and a coincidence they were both on the same day. Has anyone had similar funny things said to you recently?

They had a meeting. They decided that they are going to give your business to the "other" guy as they don't have "silver" in their rolls.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have- my vault teller at my best pickup bank passed along a message from Loomis that I'm "searching the same coins every week." I assured her that I'm not lol
I would of agreed with her and said "Yeah I know, I have OCD"

OP
OP
FloridaFinder

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
The first 4 Garda boxes were skunks. Hmmm.....

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I have had a teller pass me a message from Brinks that they take all the silver out and I'm wasting my time. Of course I found silver in the boxes ;)

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only the Loomis box I'm searching right now was pure silver. Over $400 through and just one keeper.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure they are a bunch of guy's who applied for the job but never thought they had to work at it. Guess that's what collage does to you:laughing7:

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
The drivers are silly for complaining about the boxes....it's called job security!

OP
OP
FloridaFinder

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Bell-Two said:
The drivers are silly for complaining about the boxes....it's called job security!

It's like me in IT, you get spoiled by the slow times. Then when it gets busy, the first thing that you think is why did it get busy? Hehe Still job security.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread