Two artifacts I need an insurance value on. NFS. Estiments are ok. Thanks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to be careful with these as I've seem fake relics like these in pawn shops. Don't ask an Archie about them as they will soon confiscate them if they even think the are genuine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need more info on them, where you found them, in water or buried etc....

OP
OP
Rocsteddie

Rocsteddie

Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That's unfortunate as they will all ways be priceless to me.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one here can give you true insurance values. You need to have them authenticated and professionally appraised.

OP
OP
Rocsteddie

Rocsteddie

Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You have to be careful with these as I've seem fake relics like these in pawn shops. Don't ask an Archie about them as they will soon confiscate them if they even think the are genuine.

Its been almost a year and I have not been able to find any thing on any web site, pawn shops or any Native American sites associated with this stone carving. I would be very interested in seeing any pictures that you may have seen in pawn shops or any where else. I have shown the stone to many knowledgeable people and non have a clue as to why and who created it.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The piece with the carvings on it looks to be part of a mold. See the v shape at the top of the figures.
If another piece was joined to it on both sides then you could pour metal down into it and make the figures using molten gold/silver...etc.
Just my opinion....but I have dealt with a lot of ceramics in my past. If you look at ceramic chess sets for example....I designed
a football chess set in 1985.....was soon to be copied by many other companies.

*If I were you I would look for those figures in the stone as individual pieces made of some kind of metal...if they can be found.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocsteddie

Rocsteddie

Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
OK thanks. FYI: I did create a thread entitled How lucky to find one artifact but two hard to believe. And received a post from Muddyhandz with a photo of the small round single cross bar modes that he had found in Canada.
I did make two modes of the stone using a low melting point(210 degrees) alloy medal to give me better idea as to what they may look like( also did Play Doh and Silly Putty). What came out was quite interesting. Here are photos of the modes. View attachment 1202830 View attachment 1202831

OP
OP
Rocsteddie

Rocsteddie

Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread