Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi,

Actual ground ussage should go deeper because the conductivity of the soil (if moist) and assuming the ground balancing is acceptable should allow the signal to travel further. I use the tf900, and i have never gotten that response from an airtest on a target that small (6"x6" at 6 ft) wish i could.HH

God bless,

Jose

OP
OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Thanks Jose and Hotrod

That comments help me for my next expedition in cache hunting, If I find something with my two box deepseeker I will send you some pics.

God bless

Sam

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Has anyone ever used the old SPARK GAP 2 box MD?
I had one many years ago. It was powered by a 6 volt car battery. Took 2 people to operate (1 to carry the battery).
This thing was a monster.
The coils were over 6 feet apart and attached to a wooden pole that you carried over your shoulder. It looked like a Chinese worker carrying a load of rocks.
But I later was told that a Spark Gap Detector was OUTLAWED because it produced RADIATION. I do not know if this is a fact but I go rid of the thing.
It worked better than anythiong on the market today.
Peg Leg

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
The "Spark Gap" creates a radio signal that can be heard for a couple of thousand miles! :o
There was a drawing of how to make an emergency Spark Gap Radio from a regular auto ignition system....Very simple to build!
BUT!
It is to be used ONLY for a "Life or Death" situation! >:(

Because it causes this signal to travel over all sorts of Radio/TV Freqs!
The "Feds" respond to it in a hurry! ;D

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi CptBill,

Where can i get schemantics for the spark gap radio. maybe i could build one. I think its legal in my country. How deep could it go? I have a regular tf900 2box.

God bless,

jose

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread