Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By upgrading to the Garrett GTI 2500 you will have a back up when your using the 2 box setup, almost three detectors. Never sell the older detector. If you go with the stand alone system you have to use the older machine for normal hunting.

Sandman

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett seems to have cornered the US market on these two box machines with it's easily adaptable unit. I'd like to see one in action. Monty

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
upgrade from an entry level detecor to a GTI 2500, then get the multiplier add on for $250.
Reason: your usage of two-box will be limited, and when not using two-box you have a regular detector to find the small stuff. Garrett does real well with these multi-purpose machines. I have
a Master Hunter ADS with two-box and it still works real well. I keep it for two-box applications.
It's a backup to my main detector too!

A pure two-box machine will collect losts of dust - IMO.

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
I have the CX Plus and the 2-box attachment, but haven't used the lattter. The CX Plus is an excellent all-around machine in its own right, and has better shielding from EMI than my new Fisher Edge. so when I want to scan the grass strip under the power lines, I'll be using the CX Plus. And I'm keepking the Depth Multiplier for eventual cache hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions