Two Clasped Hands flasks this weekšŸ˜³!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Iā€™ve been in a remarkable privy this week with Miss halfdime and weā€™ve dug stuff Iā€™ve only seen in other posts! As much as I enjoyed their esthetic beauty, I didnā€™t realize that this particular bottle was such a nice find! The privy is at a train station weā€™re working to restore and these beauties, along with the rest of our finds, will someday go on display there. jgas has informed me that, most likely, these were made by McCully in Pittsburgh; weā€™ve found other bottles that actually have his mark on them. We anticipate finishing this afternoon. Itā€™s been pointed out that I can adjust settings on my phone to provide better pictures; once Miss halfdime wakes up Iā€™ll have her do that for me!��

Attachments

• D9ED99BD-81BB-443B-9910-5671D970643C.jpeg
    D9ED99BD-81BB-443B-9910-5671D970643C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Upvote 15

FallColors

Sep 27, 2020
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing to find one let alone two beautiful flasks. I hope whoever tossed them enjoyed the rye!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I stated in the bottle basement section of this site, to find one historical flask is amazing enough in itself, but to find two in one week is unheard of and definitely deserves to be on top. On site normally focused on coins, buttons and buckles, I don't believe that the everyday detectorist realizes just how significant this find is. These bottles were blown after a war that left our nation badly damaged and divided, and were an attempt to bring this country together again. Banner!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"halfdime" Check out this link & scroll down. There is are 2 examples made by "Fahnestock, Albree and Company" that are aquamarine. The first one is for a half-pint flask & the second one is for a pint flask.
they look similar to your flasks. Great find !! Looking forward to your next finds at the old train station ! CONGRATS to you & Miss Halfdime ! CHEERS !!
https://www.themagazineantiques.com/article/early-pittsburgh-glass-houses/

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread