Two Farms, One School – Silvers, Coppers, Jewelry, Relics, Iron and Clad

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

The last two days I had to myself, so after prepping for the college courses for next week, detecting was the first and only priority! The two days cycled through an old school and two farm fields, both have produced nicely before and will probably continue for the rest of my life. The school gave up the usual jewelry (another cross?) and clad with a flat button surprise. The two farm fields just continued to deliver flat buttons, round balls, silver (Mercury, Barber and Trime), copper (IH) coins and lots of large iron. Today, I was in pure relic mode in the fields, digging every signal, including large iron (you never know). Some of the iron recoveries were cool with one being the leg off an old stove that was once in the now gone house from the early 1800’s. No photos of the junk, but you could imagine the shear volume of recovered trash.

The time out detecting was very relaxing and now I feel at peace!

I sure hope the weather keeps up here in Massachusetts, but I feel we here are on borrowed time for this winter hunting season.

Thank you for viewing,

GL & HH

Doc

CAM00984.jpg CAM00985.jpg CAM00986.jpg
CAM00987.jpg CAM00983.jpg

Upvote 18

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Borrowed time or not, you are having one heck of an early season- Congrats on the continued great finds!!

-- Jeff --

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! I agree, My happiest, most peaceful times outdoors is when I am metal detecting. :thumbsup:

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some very nice finds congrats on the trime and other silvers, looks like a good couple of hunts

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Jeff for the kind words! GL & HH

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prof...great post...I would certainly feel relaxed/refreshed after digging all that nice stuff! I'm still on the hunt for my first trime..so congrats on digging that little gem...ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread