Two firsts in one hunt

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess if I'm going to have a addiction then Metal Detecting is the one I want to have...I knew I was addicted but I dropped to new lows yesterday.

Yesterday I was at work and had a dinner scheduled at the W Hotel in NYC at 6pm so I was dressed in a suit, dress shirt with french cuffs, nice watch, tie and cuff links. Around lunch I checked the weather reports and although it was cold out it was only getting colder over the next few days. I decide what the hell. Head over to a park, change my dress shoes to sneakers, take off my suit jacket and put on a my Carhardt, but on gloves making sure my shirt cuffs are not sticking out. Then started my urban park hunt. I can honestly say I never detecting in french cuffs before.

It was super muddy which was quite challenging. Did not want to have to explain to the wife why I came home early to change mud covered slacks. The detecting gods were watching over me and the mud only got on my digger, pouch and gloves. No oldies but in an hour I found almost $10 in clad.

The second first was a coin spill of just dollar coins. Two Sacs and one Susan B. It was right on the edge of a puddle so I'll have to check if I missed any once it dries up a bit. I didn't take any pictures but I thought I would share my craziness with the group.

Leaving work early on Thursday to get out for a farm hunt...not sure how many more days I'll be able to sneak hunts in but I'll keep trying.

Happy holidays and happy hunting.
NJ

Upvote 0

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, seems like your addicted, thats too bad, I feel sorry for you. You probably wont recover from this, and you might infect others. Try to live with it, maybe you could just wear jeans to work or have a pair of coveralls in your car!

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
Haha..Cool Stuff..what hotel was that?..Warwick?

Nope just W Hotel. There are four in NYC and we were at the Union Square one. The park was in Newark, NJ. I'm not sure if there are any parks in NYC you can hunt plus I never got my new NY Metal Detecting Permit. I should do that for 2011...

NJ

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.J.THer said:
Diggin-N-Dumps said:

Nope just W Hotel. There are four in NYC and we were at the Union Square one. The park was in Newark, NJ. I'm not sure if there are any parks in NYC you can hunt plus I never got my new NY Metal Detecting Permit. I should do that for 2011...

NJ

Oh wow really?..you have to have a permit?..that is crazy..Im sorry to hear you have those regulations...Hell..around here cops dont care if im at an abandoned house diggin up there whole yard..

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
N.J.THer said:
Diggin-N-Dumps said:

NJ

Oh wow really?..you have to have a permit?..that is crazy..Im sorry to hear you have those regulations...Hell..around here cops dont care if im at an abandoned house diggin up there whole yard..

NJ is more like that but NY is rather restrictive. Need a permit and only certain parks are on the permit...all others are off limits.

NJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Nice post, yeah you are bad, :laughing7: . I don't wear a suit to work but do wear dress shirts/pants most of the time. Sometimes on nice days I will take advantage of the weather for a quicky hunt, so far no one has asked me in the afternoon why only my left sleeve is all wrinkled up from my wrist to my elbow (lefty). HH

TommNJ

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TommNJ said:
Nice post, yeah you are bad, :laughing7: . I don't wear a suit to work but do wear dress shirts/pants most of the time. Sometimes on nice days I will take advantage of the weather for a quicky hunt, so far no one has asked me in the afternoon why only my left sleeve is all wrinkled up from my wrist to my elbow (lefty). HH

TommNJ

Haha...how about being in a afternoon meeting and realizing you have dirt under your fingernails. I love those lunchtime hunts...I've found some great stuff on them.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread