Two Half Dimes

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went to a new field permission that my hunting partner Greg (Inspector) got us into Sunday morning.
Greg has been having trouble posting all the pictures,and story of the days finds,i sure it will be up soon.
Anyways here are a couple of my finds. 1830 5 C. and 1851 Half Dime
Gary
Picture 95.jpg Picture 96.jpgPicture 97.jpgPicture 98.jpgPicture 99.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 94.jpg
    Picture 94.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 39
Those are beauty's :occasion14:

Congrats on digging those 2 oldies. :occasion14: both of those continue to elude my coil.

Man I had to look those coins up in my Red Book.
You just don't see either one, all that often. Congrats on 2 beautiful pieces of early currency.

Congratz! What a wonderful pair of coins!

Awesome coins Gary. I was wondering just the other day if you had been getting out. Don't think I have seen you post since you found those great old buttons. I REALLY like the capped 5 center. Beautiful coin!

Wowee! Those are just beautiful! Congrats Gary... I have found neither seated nor capped, so those little rascals look awesome to me. Best of luck to you!

Real nice coins Gary.
They dont come around every day. ..

Man I had to look those coins up in my Red Book.
You just don't see either one, all that often. Congrats on 2 beautiful pieces of early currency.
Ya and they are so small,hard to find them in your goodie bag !

Completely awesome. To find one in a year would be a big deal, but two in a day?!

Awesome coins Gary. I was wondering just the other day if you had been getting out. Don't think I have seen you post since you found those great old buttons. I REALLY like the capped 5 center. Beautiful coin!
Thanks Dave i still get out, just don`t post all my finds,the 1851 was on top of the ground,under a corn leaf

Real nice coins Gary.
They dont come around every day. ..
Thanks George
I called to Greg, you ever see a three cent piece...my bad eyes...it was the Bust,what a hobby
Gary

Great show Gary! Loving the capped. I bet you were thrilled

Steve

is that field on RT 228 ? . . i saw 2 black trucks and 2 people in the field swinging away. I was on my way back from Pony Hollow.
Pro-

Love the half dimes Gary! I've been detecting for 30 years and have only found one....mine is also an 1830

Wow gary!, now that's how it's done!!
Terrific finds, love the capped bust!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back