Two Half Dollars and Roll (40) Quarters Found today at Soccer Complex - NEW Procedure

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanted to try a "new procedure" to increase my number of "quarter" finds and hopefully increase my "half dollar" finds - and possibly even SILVER finds - and to reduce my number of "up & downs" digging pennies & junk. SO, I cranked up the "discrimination" on the SIMPLEX+ to reject ALL targets below a quarter to see if I could accomplish my GOAL of finding at least 40 quarters (which is a roll) and see if any Half Dollars could be found. THE CONCLUSION? Yes it seemed to work the first time out with a large decrease of "up & downs" and finding $11.11 in total face value which included a total of 44 coins = 2- Kennedy Half Dollars, 40-Quarters and 1-Dime & 1-cent (that was in the hole of a quarter that I dug). ALSO I beat my "$ all time record per coin" to an unbelievable $ .2525 average per coin found in one outing. (Sorry, I know I am a "numbers Guy:thumbsup:")
Happy Hunting & GOOD LUCK Everyone............BILL

P1010266.jpgP1010267 (2).jpgP1010268.jpg

NOTE: The JFK Half Dollars after cleaning:
P1010269.jpg P1010270.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7
Wow! Nice going breaking a record per coin found. Yeah, you are a numbers kinda guy and it definitely shows on this hunt. Keep 'em coming wlb. Congrats!

Awesome job that machine seems to be great on coins Ive done the same with my machine to just dig coins hats alot of quarters and 2 halves awesome. I keep all mine in these huge glass jars I love adding to them it makes finding clad alot of fun and every time I add coins I change the amount which I have taped on the jars Im a little wierd but I love it... Great post.....Tommy

Very productive hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back